Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, September 26, 2013

I've Changed A Little

One this is for sure...when I travel I miss my husband...and my pups :) While I was trying to fall asleep the first night away from home this week, I realized I didn't want to sleep in the dead quiet. When Patrick and I go to bed at night, he usually turns on Sportscenter. I fall asleep really fast and he's usually awake for another 20-30 minutes.

So what did I do Monday night, laying in bed trying to fall asleep? I turned on Sportscenter.

It got me thinking...what are some other things that I find myself doing since I've been married? Things that before Patrick, I never would have done or known about? So I compiled a list...

1) Sleep with the TV on.
2) Know entirely too much about NASCAR-and know that it's a lot more than people driving in circles.
3) Keep my vehicle clean and picked up on the inside at all times.
4) Know more classic rock and older country songs and lyrics.
5) Can name the size of engine on almost any Chevy pickup truck.
6) I can look at a vehicle, be able to tell you make and model, whether it takes diesel or gas based on the size of the engine.
7) Be able to look at a piece of farm equipment and tell you what it does.
8) Make comments such as "Oooh, look, that A300 has a GPS system so they can get an even grade", "that crop looks like shit", and "wow, that's probably too much weight for that pickup to be hauling"...and know exactly what I'm talking about.
9) Pay serious attention to gas and diesel prices and be able to tell you the price in any given town within a 100 mile radius.

Are there things that you guys have learned from your spouses that you thought you'd never know about? Or habits of theirs that you've picked up?

These conferences this week are wearing me out...I know this isn't the most creative post and there are no pictures...but hey, we can't win them all, can we? I have a HUGE weekend coming up that I'll have LOTS of pictures from-husband's best friend's wedding, my first baby shower and time with my family. I can't WAIT!!! Friday at 2 pm the work week is over and the fun begins, and I'm EXCITED to say the least!

Oh, and for all of you fellow agriculture lovers out there, today is "Thank an Ag teacher day", so if you see one, thank them!

Hope you're all having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. What is with guys and spotless vehicles. I had to give my car to my dog so I couldn't be held responsible for the disaster area that is always resembles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This got me to thinking. I, too, know about motors and cars! It's funny what we can learn from our hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...this is awesome! I love the lessons you've learned!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. So basically, he's slowly turning you into a dude. Fantastic. ;o)

    I actually don't think I've picked up a single thing from Cory. We are just too different and I'm too set in my ways. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I can do all of those things. I could do them before I was married though. Haha my biggest pre-requisite when I was dating was the guy had to know more about vehicles than I did. haha It worked quite well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I HATE that Nate likes to fall asleep with the TV on. So, you give me hope that maybe one day I'll be used to it, haha.

    ReplyDelete