I went out last night, with my blood practically infused with bug spray to scare off the mosquitoes. (Side note-They buzz around you still, just don't land on you. And you can tell when the bug spray wears off, because then they start biting). I had to spend some time weeding the garden and checking on my plants. Well folks, what a difference a week makes! You saw yesterday that I had exactly 1 plant starting to come out of the ground...now I have LOTS of little plants coming out of the ground! So far I have:
8 pumpkin plants
6 zucchini plants
3 cucumber plants
head lettuce
leaf lettuce
2 carrots (yes I counted)
green beans
peas
broccoli
peppers (but only 1 so far)
I'm STOKED! I decided to pass on planting the corn this year, because it's just too late to plant it, and it would have taken A LOT of work to get it all done. It wouldn't mature enough to be able to actually eat the corn cobs...oh well, there's always next year!
Here are my beans:

I took a few pictures of the peas, so you can see how fast they grew. See all of the tiny green little nubs???


I bought some trellis for the peas to climb up once they're larger...can't wait for that! Also, look at these cute little labels that my MIL got me to label my garden! How cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment