With the seeding troubles we've had because of the wet ground, any time we have available, our seeder is planting wheat. There's usually more help around the farm on the weekends, because those of us who have other full-time jobs are usually home to help. On weekdays though, it's a different story. On Monday, hubs had to travel to a small town several hours away for work. He's usually the go-to person for his dad and g-pa for help. Then it's cousin J. Rarely do I get summoned for work.
I was just tweedling along on Monday on my 25 mile drive home...ho hum, minding my own business. Then my phone rings. It's g-pa. He asks me when I'm going to be home, because he needs help moving trucks around to a different field. I tell him I'll be home in about 20 minutes, change my clothes and be over to his house. This is serious folks. When g-pa calls you best be ready and get your head in the game. I sped home, changed my clothes, fed the dog, and was at his house in 15 minutes. NICE! I wish I had pictures, but I don't think g-pa would understand if I told him he needed to wait for me to take pictures for my blog. There is no waiting with this man.
We go move the first truck over to the new field, awaiting to be planted. He says this is the easy truck because it's lighter and doesn't have as heavy of a load. No problem. We go back to the other truck and start driving. Wellll, let's say this truck was A LOT heavier and it got stuck. We have to drive cleeeeeeeear across the farm to the other big tractor which is hooked up to our sprayer. Well folks, let me just tell you that I think I impressed him! Because of my help with hubs the other day (when he tricked me!) I knew exactly what to do to unhook the sprayer. I was so proud of myself! It made me feel like a legit farmer.
Then we have to drive aaaaaaaaall the way back across the farm, hook up to the truck that is stuck and pull it out. Then instead of driving this truck to the next field, they decide to fill up the tank on the seeder right where we were. So we fill it up, then drive that truck back to the farmyard. Then I was done!
Not that exciting of a story, but I felt proud of myself that they needed my help and I was able to deliver. Hubs was also very proud of his wifey :) And don't worry, I wore my Coach sunglasses the whole time :) :) :) Hey, you can take the girl away from fashion, but you can't take the fashion away from the girl!




Farming with style! I like it! :o) I'm sure there's be many times I'll end up feeding the chickens in my Nine West stilettos. ;o)
ReplyDelete