Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Have I Got Something FUN!

MIL and I have been talking for a couple months about buying a car together for fun. We talked about how CUTE it would be to get a VW Beetle! She works all over the U.S. and right now has been based in Lincoln, Nebraska. She found a dealer there that had several Beetles. We found one that we liked that was sky blue with a black top convertible. Unfortunately the salesman decided to sell if from underneath us when she came back home for the weekend to talk to me about it! Jerk! BUT, we were actually relieved when I saw that same color Beetle in our small town of 5,000 people last week. I don't want my fun car to be the same as someone else's fun car!

But alas.....we found the one!!!! We haven't decided on a name for her yet...but here is the beauty:


How FUN is that?!?!?!? It has a leather interior and heated seats! It gets 28 mpg on the highway, which is twice as much as my truck :) :) So I'll be able to cruise around in this cute lil' thang during the summer months and in the fall! MIL will keep in down in NE for awhile until she gets a long enough weekend to drive it back home. I might even fly down there and drive back with her.

P.S. While I was out being a farm princess yesterday ( more on that tomorrow!) I decided I'm going to start taking pics around our WHOLE farm so you guys can get to know a little more about ME! Aren't you excited?!?!?! Can you tell I am excited by my use of exclamation points and questions marks?!?!?!

5 comments:

  1. Aaaaahhhhh! I'm so jealous! I'd LOVE to get an old Bug and restore it!! Maybe one day!! :o) You're gonna look so cute driving that! I know what you mean about the gas mileage. My truck is a guzzler, too! Take your time picking a proper name for her! I've had my truck since October and I'm still trying to decide! LOL.

    Soooooo excited to see more pictures of your farm! Can you see my excitement from all my o's??? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable car and you would look great in it with the wind in your hair! *smile* I love my Jeep in the summer with the top down, you will love it too!

    Yes, show us the farm, I would love to see it!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog post yesterday! I will have to try that smoothie you mentioned...YUM!! Have a wonderful day! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! You will love your bug!! I left mine back in LA, but Landry still has one (I had white, she has charcoal, neither were convertible though) and she's loved it. That's awesome!!!

    And yes please take more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little bug! Those things never look outdated! You will be the cutest thing zooming around town with the top down! I think you need a cute pair of sunglasses and a scarf to wrap your hair just for kicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh a scarf! Great idea Emily! I have the big sunglasses already, cause well, I wouldn't be a prairie princess without them ;) But a scarf is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete