BUT, we are adding another member to the family.
Hubs said last week that he was ready to have another dog. For those of you that are new here, our dog Jake (can see him to the right) was killed by the UPS man who was driving TOO FAST down our road, about two and a half months ago. It still hurts my heart, and we miss him every day.
We've noticed our other dog is kind of mopey around the house and doesn't want to be left alone a lot. We decided that he was probably lonely, so we thought we'd start looking for a dog. Hubs was VERY specific about the type of dog he wanted. It has to be an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix, male, black and white. The reason we like this kind of dog is because not only are they very obedient, fun, and friendly, they are excellent herding dogs. We use them when we work cattle.
I first went to all of the animal shelter websites to see if there were any that would work for us...no such luck. Then I went onto a statewide classifieds internet site that compiles all of the classified ads from all major newspapers across the state. There was only ONE in the entire state for sale. This ad also had straight border collies as well. I called the guy and he had already sold it! BUT, the good news was, he just had a litter of puppies 3 weeks ago of Aussie/Collie mix that were black and white, with 3 males in the group. Boy was I excited! It was everything we were looking for. I asked for him to email me pictures. I got the pictures yesterday, and hubs and I picked one last night. Funny thing is, as soon as I saw the 3 pups I knew exactly the one that hubs would want. Sure enough, he picked it! Here is the little lovely:
The pups still have 3 shots they need to have, so they won't be ready until the end of July. I have to drive to Billings (4.5 hours) to get him, but the good news is I'll already be there, coming back through from a trip!
Now, for the name....we have three picked out: Smoke, Dirk and Drego.
Smoke is for Tony Stewart (NASCAR driver)...it's his nickname. Hubs LOOOOVES NASCAR.
Dirk as in Nowitzky (Dallas Mavs player that hubs likes)
Drego is for a character played on the John Wayne movie McClintock...which is one of our faves!
So....Smoke, Dirk or Drego??? Or any other suggestions?!?!?! We're open to ideas!




KEVIN! I've always wanted a dog named Kevin
ReplyDeleteOooooh isn't he cute!!!! I know I'd drive 4.5 hours for the right puppy! I think he looks like a Smoke. :o)
ReplyDeleteHe is cute as a button! I wish they stayed puppies forever!
ReplyDeleteOh I like Kevin too! From UP!!
ReplyDelete