Thank the Dear Sweet Baby Jesus it's Friday. I am SO happy for this day to come this week!
-Flip ON to my massage that will be taking place in T-minus 1.5 hours. NOTHING in the world is better than this!
-Flip ON to my niece's birthday party tomorrow. The theme is *Pretty In Pink* and my sister got the cutest outfit for her! SUPER sad I won't be there for her, but she still knows that her auntie loves her :) Instead of a traditional gift for her, Patrick and I decided we would send my sister money to open up a savings account for Kendall. That way, when she gets money for holidays/birthdays or whatever, she can add to that. I know it seems kind of lame, but she'll appreciate it when she's older!
-Flip ON to some of my great coworkers. You know, the ones that you actually miss when they're gone! Makes the ho-hum work days just a little bit better :)
-Flip ON to doing another fundraiser tomorrow night to raise money for scholarships for kids graduating from Culbertson High School that are going into Agriculture-related fields in college. I'm so glad we can do little things to help further Ag Education!
And onto my FLIP OFF. I really only have one Flip Off for the day, and that is to our Federal Government. You know how stupid they are? This is how I know...
1) They want to tax the amount of DUST that goes into the air when we drive down our dirt roads, and when our tractors are planting in the fields. You know what I want to say to them? "Did you enjoy your cereal for breakfast? Did you enjoy your sandwich for lunch? Your pasta for dinner? Well, you're welcome very much, because the wheat it took to make those things comes from a FARMER. You know, the ones you taxed for planting the very food you've eaten today. You know, the ones who are working from sun up until sun down to provide this country with food, while you sit in your office behind a desk playing on Facebook."
They say it's detrimental to the quality of life to the people around these dirt roads. Well, I can tell they've never been to MY house, because the only people that are negatively affected by is.....NO ONE. If people didn't want to be bothered by the dust that comes from these roads, well, NEWSFLASH-they probably wouldn't live on a dirt road! WOW, what a concept! If they were bothered by the dust that comes from the field, they probably wouldn't be a farmer! It's un-mother-effing-believable the things our government comes up with.
There are several other reasons why I think parts of the Federal Government are ridiculously stupid, but I'll save those for next week. It has to do with children on farms and farting cows. Yes, you read that right.
Phew, I'm fired up now! I hope you all have an amazing weekend! Be careful driving-you wouldn't want to kick up too much dust now!





What the heck?!? I've never heard of a crazier tax than that! Jeez louise.
ReplyDeleteI think the savings account idea is great! When Lexie was little, a few people would always give her savings bonds. She didn't understand it at the time, but she didn't care. She ended up with MORE than enough toys and clothes, so I was grateful for the people who did things like that. One day she'll like turning in those slips of paper for some major cash!
fired up indeed! i HATE taxes period! and have an awesome time at your niece's bday...how fun!
ReplyDeleteWow, I just read this. I personally think the idea behind the EPA is good but they do some really stupid stuff. In regards to the cow flatulence/methane.......Just in case this goes into effect, maybe we should start a cow diaper business. We could be millionaires!!!! Ha, ha, ha!
ReplyDelete