I have lots of little things going on, and I don't think I could make each of them into a separate post, so I'll just post them all for today. We had a pretty good weekend, full of relaxation. It's been pretty crazy-busy for us lately, so it was definitely nice to take a little breather.
1) We are officially starting our second year of farming! We get government money to help for operating expenses on the farm, and then pay it back when we sell our calves and wheat. We signed on the dotted line this weekend for this year's loan, so we'll be up and running in no time!
2) My mom and sister informed me that my niece started walking yesterday! Just a little over a year old, and she's up and going! I'll see her in about 4 weeks, so she'll probably be a little stronger on her feet then. I can't wait!
3) I don't think I've told you guys yet, but I started a second job. This place REALLY needed extra help and couldn't find anyone to fill the positions. I started working as a Program Aide for the local Boys & Girls Club. I go after my regular job several nights a week, and usually a half day a week or every other week, when I can get the time off from my regular job. I already worked very closely with the Boys and Girls Club, and am friends with the Director and Program Director. They all know I have a full-time job and are happy to have me there a couple times a week. So far, it's been great! I love the kids and they are absolutely hilarious some days! Plus, the extra income never hurts :)
4) I didn't think I would say this, but I am actually using the information that I learned in my farm class. Who knew? I used a lot of it for the post I did about cow facts a couple weeks ago, and used the information I used about farm taxes and a Schedule F form to help do our taxes on Friday. I also read an understood all of the farm paperwork we had to sign, and even caught a couple mistakes! How's that for learned?!?! LOL.
5) I've had a couple people ask me about:
Have you ever been cow tipping? Or better yet, Snipe Hunting? I'm going to gather some pictures of this elusive "sport," so be looking for this in the near future :)





Good job friend! I know you'll rock farming again this year.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you've been busy! Along with farming, you also have 2 jobs! Jeez! How do you do it? I think it's really great that you're working with the Boys & Girls club though. What a great company to work for!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Kendall is walking!!! I wish I could finally meet her at the wedding...so bummed :(
ReplyDeleteWowza another job - how are you keeping up?! I don't know how you do it.
Cheers to a second year of farming and to you knowing all the lingo these days!
I've missed commenting on your blog the past few weeks...I'M BAAACK!