So besides the Trail Ride last weekend, my typical weekend consists of farm work...
Exhibit A: Cleaning out the hopper of a combine.
If the grain sits in the bottom all winter long, it can start to rot and rust the metal, which eats holes in it. That and mice like to crawl in there.
Oh hey, it's my backyard.
This is what wheat looks like, after it has gone through the combine!
And about halfway through cleaning the hopper, Patrick stopped by the house to tell me we needed to move cows.
So move cows we did.
I know this pic is blurry cause I took it through the windshield of the pickup. But you can see two of the dogs working the cows. Our little Smoke did SO good! It's amazing to me that he knows exactly what to do once he gets out there. He just runs back and forth behind the cows, and makes sure they all stay in the herd.
And sometimes they are stubborn, so we have to get out and walk.
And when the pups get tired they have to ride on the 4-wheeler :)
And then we take them swimming at the dam!
And then yesterday I helped change the ends of the hydraulic hoses on a rock picker so it could be hooked up to a different tractor. Yahoo.
So....not the typical weekend is it???




I'd trade a weekend of fro yo for what you have any day! :)
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
Not MY typical weekend!! Farmers work harder than anyone I know.
ReplyDeleteSo I don't get the drinks on Friday, Froyo on Saturday weekends either, but I also don't have to change hydraulic hoses on a rock picker. ;o) That does not sound very appealing. Do you at least get to swim in the dam, too?
ReplyDelete