Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, September 21, 2012

Flip On/Flip Off Friday!

hey HEY heeeyyyyy!!!!! You know how I know today is awesome? Because it's Friday, that's how.

Welcome to my weekly link-up, that Amanda from Princess of the Panhandle host. Feel free to create your own blog post, and make sure to link back to mine or Amanda's blog.




So let's start right in, shall we?

FLIP ON!!!!

...to my boss. I'm going to go ahead and make you all jealous right now. My boss said to me on Wednesday, "You know, you worked a lot last week. Why don't you take some extra time off. How about Friday and Monday?" Ummmm, yes please! And me, being the good employee, replied, "I have a lot of work to do, so I'll work half day Friday. But I will take Monday off as well." That my friends, is an awesome boss.

...to getting to see my niece 6 days from today. SIX DAYS people! I haven't seen her since March, so I'm in DIRE need of some auntie time.



...Flip on to being able to catch up on my DVR'd shows...I'm only about 2 weeks behind...

...to feeling like things are falling into place. Not all of the pieces are together yet, but I feel like it's all coming together. You know why? God is GOOD! There is a plan, and I'm just putting in faith that it's all going to come together.



...Flip ON to my MIL, who randomly came over to our house this morning, brought Patrick and I breakfast, and took our dogs for the day. How lucky am I? I literally hit the jackpot with in-laws.

Aaaaaand now for the not so great....

FLIP OFF...

...to people sharing their political views on Facebook. I mean, I'm all for expressing an opinion now and then. Or maybe just once. But this is for those who post over, and over, and OVER again. ALL.DAY.LONG. You're really not going to persuade me by bashing the other political party, so you should just stop.



...to professional people being immature. Come on now, we're all adults here. Act like it. 

....to the oil boom going on here, that makes prices RIDICULOUSLY high. I paid $10 for a tube of mascara, which I found and Target somewhere else for $7. A box of name brand cereal? At LEAST $5, and that's if it's on sale. Maybe I'm cheap, but when I see lower prices for things everywhere else, it makes me mad. I find myself buying a lot more generic brands, or waiting until I travel somewhere else to get my stuff. I think I might start ordering stuff online from Amazon or something. 

...Flip Off to the jackwagon who cut me off and put the giant golf ball-sized crack in my windshield. I called and complained to the company, ever-so-nicely, but have yet to hear back. This was with the same company who was recently caught illegally dumping human waste on farmer's lands...clearly they have a great moral compass. Most likely won't be hearing back from them. Any of you local people that read this, feel free to call me or email me and I'll tell you who it was ;) Hey, no shame here. You do me wrong, I'll make sure everyone I know knows about it.




That's all for today friends! On Monday, I'm gonna have some juicy confessions about myself, so you'll want to come back to find out what they are!

2 comments:

  1. Dumping human waste on someone else's property? That is low, really really low. And I'm so sorry about your windshield. That is super frustrating.

    So I'm an idiot, but how come the oil boom is causing everything around you to get more expensive? $10 for mascara is CRAZY unless it's going to grow you some thicker eyelashes or something.

    Enjoy your day off on Monday and your half day today!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha yes tell everyone we want to know...I post pictures lol Im loving it you are so much like me girl
    Look at you being a nice employee only taking half day on Friday I know your boss appreciates you more than you know
    Im tired of thing being high too I have been buying generic or the replicas and they work the same except I have to pay full price for Heinz ketchup but othert than that Im good w the cheap stuff

    ReplyDelete