Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Here He Is, Ladies and Gents

Well, you guys asked for more Patrick, and you got it! Take it away, darling!






Well, since I guess I’m doing a guest appearance on this thing every week now, you better get to know me a little better.  Here are some things you need to know about me: 


  •  I am very faithful fan of the Green Bay Packers.  An entire room in the house is dedicated to the most storied and colored franchise in NFL history.  I love them because of their winning tradition, the values the stand for and the fact that they are a publicly owned franchise.  When the need to make upgrades to the stadium or other facilities, they hold a stock sale to generate the revenue, always maintaining a solid grip on their financial position.



  • I love to farm and work in the outdoors.  I am truly at peace in the world when I can just be alone in the cab of a tractor or a combine and just exist and listen to the radio.

\

  •  I am an only child, which may seem awesome, but it was difficult growing up with no one to hang out with.



  • Because I am an only child, I have made a ton of friends because I had to keep my sanity.  My friends mean the world to me and would do anything to help them.



  •  I have a very close relationship to my mother.  She raised me the first twelve years of my life as a single mother and worked two jobs just to keep a roof over our head and food on the table.  She is one of the strongest people I know and I would do anything for her.



  •  My Dad means the world to me.  He adopted me when he married Mom in 1996.  Though we don’t always agree on everything, when the dust all settles, we’re a pretty good team.



  •  I have a very tight knit group of cousins that I grew up with.  Jenni, Johnny and Trisha grew up in Tucson where Aunt Tammy and Uncle John live.  We spent many summers on the farm growing up together.  Kelli and Nathan live on the farm south of Poplar where Uncle Steve and Aunt Carol have their operation.  I try to hang out with them as much as possible because we usually have a good time.



  •  I look almost exactly like my Uncle Kenny when he was my age.  We lost Uncle Kenny at a very young age when I was little.  It killed me because he was a very important male figure in my life.



  •  I am named after my great grandfather, Patrick Joseph Murphy, who passed away in 1992.  He taught me to mow the yard, care for animals and how to drive a stick shift.  He worked for a neighbor farmer when we lived south of Sidney and that is where my love for agriculture began.



  • I I love sports, cars and equipment.  Most mornings, you can find me on the computer or reading the farm bible as my cousin Jed and I call it, more commonly known as the Trader’s Dispatch.


Well I hope this gives you an idea of who I am and a little more about me.  Have a great week and be ready for a farm/ranch post next week.

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool!! Nice to meet you Patrick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Excited for his weekly posts! :)

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture! I always loved taking those old tyme photos. Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Patrick! Nice to meet you. I must say, as a Bears fan...I'm a little disappointed you like the Packers BUT I'm willing to let it go in the name of friendshhip.

    I look forward to more of your posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Hi other Mr. H! I knew about the Packers room and love it. I hope to see more of you around here. Oh and congrats on the new business move!

    ReplyDelete