Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Anniversary Gift to Hubs

I told you all last week that I'd show you what I did for hubs for our anniversary. He has had this old Notre Dame jacket sitting in his closet since before we started dating. When cleaning out closets awhile ago I asked him why he still had it. He explained that it was his great grandpa's jacket. He is named after his great grandpa, who is also a WWII veteran. His great grandparents played a really large role in his life when he was a baby and growing up, so this jacket is very special to him.

A year ago I bought a large shadow box at Hobby Lobby. It took me a year (yeah, yeah I know) to put the whole thing together. I knew this jacket shouldn't be sitting in the closet for no one to see. So I pinned the jacket to the inside of the shadow box, so hubs could look at it any time he wanted to. I fully thought he would display it in his "man room" (complete with 52" tv and X-Box, and Green Bay Packers, NASCAR and Red Sox gear). Once I showed it to him, he said he wanted to hang it on the wall in the office, since he spends more time in there than he does in the man room. He absolutely loved it, which made my heart smile :)

Here it is friends (sorry for the glare!):

3 comments:

  1. Nice gift! I love when they have special meaning like this one does. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so thoughtful, Nicole!! That is a really awesome idea for an anniversary gift. I'm so glad he loved it!! :o)

    What did he do for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) Sarah Kate-We alternate years for planning anniversaries. I do the odd years and he does the even years. So this year was my year to do the big planning. I did this, baked him his favorite cookies, and made dinner for him. He sent me flowers at work. Next year though, we'll see what he plans :)

    ReplyDelete