Not gonna lie, that title is kind of annoying to read. Sorry :)
Annnnnyywaaaayyyyssss....
Flipping On!
1) Flip on to my mother in law! This morning, she drove to Culbertson (12 miles from the farm) at 6:00 a.m., got hubs and I a breakfast sandwich at the most amazing little breakfast diner, and delivered them to our doorstep at 7:00 a.m., to make sure we got them before we went to work. How lucky are we?!?!?! Not gonna lie, it was an amaaaaazing surprise this morning!
2) Flip ON to going to Tacoma next week for work again. I absolutely loved this academy last time. It's a 3 week thing, and this is the final week. It is honestly one of the best work trips I've ever gone on, so I'm really looking forward to it this time around.
3) Flip on to the stuff I ordered from work that came in the mail yesterday...I would have been SOL without it, and thankfully the mail was faster than the pony express speed that it usually it.
4) Flip ON to my wonderfully, amazingly, supportive parents. They're celebrating their 30 year anniversary this weekend! It's actually on the 12th, but my silly dad teaches Hunter's Safety classes and accidentally scheduled one on their actual anniversary date. Whoopsie! So he's taking my mom out to dinner at a rustic steakhouse tonight, and after that they're heading up into the mountains to spend the weekend at a cabin and go 4-wheeling around in the wilderness. My dad planned the whole thing! I hope one day my marriage is as amazing as theirs...that's what I strive for :)
4) Speaking of my dad...he's a pretty funny guy. This story comes from my little sister, who's living at home right now. She said my dad used the term "sloppy man-ness" when talking about this guy who needed to get his life back on track. LOL...I'm not sure how many of you have dads that would use that term, but I don't see my dad saying it. And neither do those of you who know him either!
5) Flip ON to all of you WONDERFUL readers. Thank you for letting me put my name out there, for everyone to see, and be able to express my feelings. It's hard to be able to put your name on something and share it with the world when you're talking about personal feelings, thoughts and experiences. So to those of you who support me, THANK YOU! It's nice having a bunch of people out there who have kind words to say and are supportive when I need you. I've talked about this exact thing with several other bloggers, and we all agree. I can't say it enough-Thank you!!!
FLIPPING OFF!
1) Flip OFF to the crazy busy day that is today....which I REALLY need to get this blog done and start working!
2) Flip OFF to those extra couple of pounds that have crept back on over the summer. I lost 18 lbs since March, but the last 2 weeks I've not been eating as well and a few of them have found their way back...ugh...frustrating!
3) Flip Off to my having to fly on a prop plane over to Tacoma...the travel agent needs to have a little talking to over this one...
4) Flip Off to people who make excuses to not do their job. I've run into this situation several times. You get paid to do a job. DO IT. Stop saying how busy you are, and that you're too busy to do one thing or another. Get off of facebook and get your work done! Work is for making money, and if you're lucky enough, doing something that you love. Someone trusts you enough to pay you to do something, and even give you great benefits sometimes! My parents taught me a great work ethic and I have little tolerance for those who do as little as possible to get by...it's just very frustrating.
5) Flip off to all of the forest/wildfires that are happening in MT, TX and other states. Go away! No one likes you right now!!! Please say a prayer for those people who may have lost anything in these fires.
Hope you all have a happy weekend...I'll be working! Next time you hear from me I'll be in (hopefully!) sunny Seattle!!!




You got lucky ending up with a great set of parents AND great in-laws! How often does that happen? (I am one of the lucky few, too!!)
ReplyDeleteI got a little sick to my stomach FOR you when I heard the words prop plane. Eeek. I know people fly on those all the time, but come on now, I think your work needs to shell out a few extra bucks and get you on a real plane!!
P.S. Isn't it awesome that your grandmother and my mom had the same thing happen?!? When you told me your story, that's what I started praying for for my mom. And then it happened! Prayer answered! :o) xoxo