Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cleaning the Bins

Apparently one of the things you have to do during harvest is cleaning out the grain bins. Hubs asked if I wanted to go help him clean out our grain bin, so I said I would. Then I asked if it would be bad for my allergies. He said it would, so I decided I wouldn't actually go in the bin, I would just to out there to help him. I have MASSIVE allergy attacks and if I would have gone into the bin, they probably would have had to take me to the ER. Instead I was just the journalist who documented the experience :) So here we go:

Exhibit A: The bin:

Then we sent our fearless cat Jones in to kill any mice that may have been living in there:


After all mice were gone, hubs starts sweeping away:


My trusty sidekicks hanging out watching:


Out goes the icky grain!


Now we put the door on so when we open it up to get the grain it doesn't all come spilling out:


And that's how you clean a grain bin...very difficult, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment