So, this post is nothing about the farm or anything about my life in Culbertson. I am in Tacoma again this week for work, and after the travel day from hell yesterday, I finally made it to my academy this morning.This isn't an actual conference, it's a training institute put on by the Western Regional Counter-drug Task Force from the US Army.
Last time there was a woman who brought her newborn baby. Like, the baby was literally 6 weeks old. I can understand that, and admired her dedication for still coming to the academy. This time around, something a little different is going on. The same woman brought her baby back. The baby is now about 4 months old. I guess by her bringing her child last time, this other woman thought it would be okay for her to bring her child, who is one year old.
This woman with the one year old came late to class today, and the only seat available was the one located front and center. The kid did okay at first, but understandably got antsy after awhile from sitting there for so long. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the kid AT ALL. I know it's not their fault for acting out for being in a situation like this. Then she starts feeding the kid a snickers bar and gatorade. She then set up her laptop for the child to watch a movie, which worked for about half hour. And I guess that wasn't good enough, cause then she started breast-feeding the kid. Right in the middle of class...with nothing covering her.
I absolutely support breast-feeding, but this was a bit much. Throughout the day, she breast-fed her kid about 5 different times. One time it was during group work, and there were 6 other people in the group with myself and this woman, including 2 males. I was uncomfortable, and I can't imagine how those guys felt.
What do you guys think about this? I thought it was fairly inappropriate. I could understand sitting in the back of the classroom, covering up, and that's fine. But this was right in front, middle of the classroom, with NOTHING covering herself up (she did have a blanket with her).
Am I wrong or is this inappropriate??? I'd like to hear what you guys think. And keep your fingers crossed that she takes a seat in the back of the classroom this morning.




I'd probably feel uncomfortable as well. It's not discrete in the least bit nor is it taking into consideration what others might feel about your tits hanging out. Cover up lady!
ReplyDeleteOMG! I can't believe she did this in public!! I'm sorry you had to endure that. I would NEVER bring my kids 1st off and especially not breastfeed in front of people. How'd she do today?
ReplyDeleteOh, you poor thing...though I am laughing, a bit...I do feel bad for you. I think women who do that are possibly a little hungry for some attention?
ReplyDelete