Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What Happens to the Garden?

It gets covered in shit. Literally.

Part of the fall work on the farm/ranch-OKAY, I'm making an executive decision...it shall now be called the FRANCH on my blog because it's shorter than typing farm/ranch every time.

Ok, so anyways, part of the fall work on the FRANCH is hauling POO. Yes, cow poo. We have to clean it out of the corrals and sheds to clear the way for the cows when they come in for the winter and need to poo all over everything again. We (meaning not me) scoop it up in the tractor and haul it into our wheat fields. Natural fertilizer, ya know? I oh-so-graciously asked for a load of the poo to be put on my garden before we disc it under for the winter.

I wanted poo, and I got poo.

First we disc the garden. Most NORMAL people that have a garden use a rototiller. Why use a rototiller when you have a large tractor with a disc to pull behind it? 




Hubs and Smoke are so proud of their work :) It would probably take me HOURS to do with a rototiller what he can do with a disc in about 10 minutes. Although unconventional, it's quite handy.


Ah, SHIT! HA! Here comes the poo.....





He just dumped it straight onto the garden, and the drug the disc through it again several times to spread it out.

And THAT, my friends, is how I unconventionally do my fall garden work!

1 comment:

  1. Bwahahaha...that is disgusting!!!! I bet your garden is awful smelly right now!

    ReplyDelete