Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 In Review

I've been reading a couple of other blogs, and they did a post about 2011 recaps, and what they did each month. I've decided it would be nice to recap this year, so here we go!

January 2011
Went to Las Vegas to celebrate my little sister's 21st birthday...lapdances by bartenders at Harrah's included!




February 2011

Snowpocalypse is still in full swing, which basically consumed our lives. Had to plan our days according to how much snow needed to be plowed to get out of our house to the main road, and whether or not a snowmobile was our only mode of transportation.



The sweetest, most beautiful little baby was born. My niece Kendall, on February 7th.



March 2011

Not gonna lie...we didn't do a whole lot in March other than travel! Back to Las Vegas for the NASCAR race.


Then cruising to Mexico-Costa Maya and Cozumel.



April 2011

Since we didn't really work in March, much of April was spend working away...in our jobs and the farm! April is full-time calving month on the farm, so we spend a lot of our time tending to the cows.




This is sadly, also the month that we lost our dog Jake. We still love him dearly and know he's watching us from doggie heaven.



May 2011

Hubs and I took a road trip to Utah and stopped in Idaho Falls on the way home to see THIS lovely gal :)

My family came to visit us, and we got to see this little love nugget!


The end of May also brought branding to the farm.


June 2011

After a long winter and VERY wet spring, we finally got to plant our wheat! This is our first time planting our own wheat for the farm!


 I got to travel to Seattle for work, and snuck in a Mariners game while I was there. If anyone has ever been there I have 2 words for you...garlic fries.


July 2011

My cousin came to visit us; this was her first trip out in the country of Montana! I'd say she had fun :)



The annual Wolf Point Stampede in Wolf Point, Montana. Where crazy drunk people try to ride wild horses, and a man comes with buffalo that are trained to jump on top of his trailer.


Trip to Anaheim, CA for work, and I get to visit my crazy, goofy cousins :)


Aaaaaand, back to Vegas! (Yes, the third time this year!) We went for one of my best friend's (on the left in the pic) bachelorette party.


Stay classy :)


And my my MIL and I bought this!


August 2011

Added our puppy Smoke to the family...

As well as these two kitties, Jones and Toonces.


Went to Cascade, Montana for my friend's wedding...



September 2011

Got to travel back to Seattle for work again, but didn't do anything fun this time around. Also spent another week in Helena, Montana for work. After that, I went to visit my cute little baby again :)



I also finished harvesting my garden! I planted: peas, green beans, cucumber, pumpkin, zucchini, carrots, leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, green peppers and broccoli.



September also marked the month that we successfully harvested our first crop of wheat! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that. 

AND.....I learned to drive the tractor!!!


October 2011

October was a fairly slow month, but I was able to catch a Miranda Lambert concert with some of my lady friends, and hubs got to go to the Packers-Vikings game in Minnesota.




November 2011

Hubs' cousin got married, and my family came to visit. I had company for 3 straight weeks at my house!


December 2011

Finished out the year with holiday baking, Christmas shopping, and spending my nieces first Christmas with her. It was a great year and I'm looking forward to this year!



Ok, the longest official post EVER is over! Ha! Thanks for hanging in there if you made it this far!

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun year! I hope 2012 is full of lots more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a fun life! When you lay it all out like this, it makes it seem like you never have a dull moment! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete