Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Now For the WORST Part

I have a degree in Sociology...which means I don't deal with numbers. I took statistics in college just so I could graduate with a degree. I despise math and anything to do with calculations. Which is why my least favorite part of the class was the Financial Analysis part. A whole FOUR hours of it....YUCK...

Does this look like FUN to anyone??? (all you financial people should probably just keep your mouths closed at the moment :) )







We went over pages, and pages, and PAGES of this stuff. I may or may not have done a head bob or two. I'm not even going into details about everything, because...well...I don't really remember and couldn't interpret it into words you all can understand.

I asked the guy running the class, "Does anyone actually use this stuff?" To which he replied, "Yes, but they only ever do parts of it. We only require 3 of the 17 things on this sheet." Then why the HECK are we learning the whole thing if no one uses it?!?! I asked my FIL about it and he said that this was just a bunch of economists running numbers.

There was one other time that we were going through all of these financial examples for a trial in Kansas or Minnesota or something. After going through the whole slide show the presenter said, "But you guys can't grow this stuff in Montana so it doesn't apply to you." You can imagine my disgust at this statement.

So anyways, those were the highs and the lows with my farming class.Come back tomorrow for some FLIP ON/FLIP OFF Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Who knew farming involved so much?! You would think a Texas girl would know this.... nope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand numbers either. I got a pass from my advisor in college for my math requirements by taking a History of Math class instead. LOL. A page like that would give me a headache after only looking at it for 30 seconds!

    ReplyDelete