Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, December 29, 2011

What I've Been Reading

When I bought a Kindle awhile back, I asked a bunch of my friends and family what books they have read recently, and received many different answers. I read The Help, and thought it was an AMAZING book. Next, I moved onto The Hunger Games trilogy.



The first two books were really good. They kept me engaged and not able to put my Kindle down for hours at a time. The last book, however, seemed to drag on a bit. Don't get me wrong, it was good too. But some of the monumental moments were just kind of thrown out there, without being built up very much. In the end they were all three pretty good books, and I will definitely be seeing the movie!

Next on my list is Water for Elephants, which I've heard is amazing.

What books have you read lately? Anything good?

7 comments:

  1. LOVED the Hunger Games but I agree- the last one wasn't as well written. Something just didn't jive as well as the first two. I downloaded The Help on audiobook to listen to for my travel work days. I just bought "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" on my Kindle as well as "The Mill River Recluse"...the second one is self published and super cheap but it's sold a ton of copies and got really good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    Ren got me the new Stephen King novel "11/22/63" for my Kindle and I'm looking forward to reading that. Otherwise, Allie got a me a B&N gift card that I used for the new MTV anthology book, that should be a fun read!

    -Dan Douthit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the middle of reading The Help, eventhough I already saw the movie. I'm desperate to read Hunger Games! I'll have to read all of them like you are doing. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! And I also just finished "Sarah's Key". :) It was WONDERFUL. Ok, done now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound like GREAT ideas! I love hearing what other people are reading, and it gives me new ideas. Now that I'm buying books on my Kindle, I want to know what I'm paying for is worth it! Also, for those of us who live in Montana, if you have a library card, you have access to downloadable (is that a word??) books on your Kindle through the Montana Libraries...their website is www.montanalibrary2go.org and click on "Software Downloads."

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to figure out how to share books on the Kindle, so you can transfer The Hunger Games to moms Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I've downloaded a few library books for the Kindle... the selection isn't great, but can't beat free!

    ReplyDelete