Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Friday!

Aaaaaand you know what that means! Flip On! Flip Off! Overall I had a pretty good week...how about you guys?


Flip ON!!!
  • First of all, I know I talk a lot about gas prices...but this week deserves a HUUUUUUGE flip on, because gas prices dropped 20 cents in ONE day!!! Yeah, seriously! This summer it was $3.95 for a gallon of regular unleaded...now it's $3.48...WOOHOO! That however, still doesn't help us out with the diesel truck, which we're still paying about $4.39 a gallon for. Lame.
  • Flip on to both of our jobs. Hubs' boss and my boss let us take time off A LOT to do farm stuff. It's really nice that they're understanding enough to do that. We have to make up the time of course, but to be able to work half days on Mondays for 6 weeks in a row is pret-ty lucky.
  • Flip on to my kittens! I'm trying to play REAL nice with them since they both went and got fixed this week. The night of, the vet said they'd be subdued and quiet...nope. Not my cats. I think just to spite me they were practically swinging from the lights on my Christmas trees and I woke up to find one of my Santa decorations on the floor with a bent Santa hat. These kittens mean business!
  • Flip ON to the puppy that my parents are getting! When they were here visiting, they REALLY loved out little guy, Smoke. So much so, that my dad told me to call up the dog breeder we use to see if he had any more available. He did! So on our way to my parent's house for Christmas, we'll be picking up a puppy on the way! He's actually Smoke's half-brother...same dad, different mom. I'll post some pics when we get him!

Flip off!
  • Flip OFF to those people that do not understand a yield sign...it really amazes me how dumb people can be...and frankly scares me that some people actually were given a driver's license. I can't tell you how many times I have to stop at an intersection because these people don't know what "yield" means. Maybe I should yield that sign right into the side of their face and they would get it. Kapeesh?
  • Flip Off to winter...I think it's here to stay. It snowed a week ago and hasn't gone away yet...ugh.
  • I know I talked about this on Tuesday, but Flip Off to selling my cow babies :( I know it's a good thing and inevitable, but it's still sad to see them go :(
  • Flip OFF to online shipping charges!!! Is it just me, or do they seem RIDICULOUS right now? Is it because of the holidays? I want to buy a $10 toy for my niece, and it's another $10 to ship it...ummm, no thanks. Guess I'm shopping local this year! Which isn't a bad thing I suppose...
  • Flip Off (but in the nicest way possible) to my work Christmas party...literally, all we do all. day. long. is eat food. And open a gift, then eat more food. Ugh...can it be sweatpants Friday???
Ok, that's all I got! Hope you all are headed out to fun Christmas parties, doing some holiday baking, or finally decorating your homes for Christmas you scrooge slackers!!! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. LOL Sweatpants Friday! That is so funny! You gotta wear your eatin' pants to those kind of events :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kittens sound CRAZY!!! :o) We want to get a couple, but they'd be barn cats. I'm sick of finding mice droppings in my chicken feed!

    So how cold is it right now for you? I guess since the snow hasn't melted, you never get above 30 degrees, huh?

    You would be VERY proud of me. Last weekend we completely decorated the inside and outside of the house. This weekend I FINISHED my Christmas shopping AND my Christmas cards. :o) Now I can finally enjoy all the parties and baking! It's still 2 weeks until Christmas and we've already attended two parties. I love this season!!!

    ReplyDelete