I realized I've done several Christmas posts, but I haven't shown you guys some of the decorations inside our home. So here goes!
This is my more "fancy" tree. It just has traditional red, silver and white ornaments. I was going to do a large bow for the top, but just never got around to it...and I don't know how to make those big fancy ones. This is the one that the kittens attached and jumped onto the side of. (You can see the left bottom is a little more bare than the rest.)
This tree is full of ornaments that I've collected over the years. I LOVE unwrapping all of the ornaments each year, because they either represent a certain moment in our relationship, or are from friends and family. My favorite is probably the flying pig ornament given to me by two of my sorority sisters/roommates in college.
Don't mind the big-ass TV. It's 60" so it's kinda hard to miss (go big or go home, right?)
I love the little snowmen on the table, because you can bend them in all sorts of directions. BTW, notice a theme here? I love snowmen :)
These are my poooooor gingerbread people that the puppy got a hold of. You can see the Mrs. doesn't have any eyes, nose, or buttons, and is missing a strand of ribbon on her foot. The Mr. held out alright.
These cute stockings were given to me by my grandma as a wedding gift, so we could have them on our first Christmas together.
Here is the dining room with all of the decor. I will have to say the window clings are kind of annoying, because it's so cold here that they fall off of the windows. Then I find them in a wet, gooey wad in the corning after the cats find them.
I always keep my table decorated, depending on the season. This year I used place mats, silver chargers, and a mug/plate set that say "Let It Snow," "Holiday Cheer," etc. In the center is a Christmas tree cone made of wrapped willow branches, and two matching candle pillars with vanilla scented candles.
And that's it! I would have taken pictures of each room, but my house is kind of a disaster right now, and well, who really has time to keep their homes clean this time of year? I have one more post tomorrow before signing off for the weekend, so come back tomorrow! Wish us all safe travels tomorrow as well-a dog, a puppy, and picking up another puppy on the way...WOW...wish my sanity well while you're at it :)




Your dining room is beautiful!!! I love the color of the walls, the table set, and the way you have it decorated! Actually all the colors in your house are gorgeous! You coordinated them really well!
ReplyDeleteGross - a wet, gooey wad in the corner. :o) I'd just take the dang things down!