Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Random Thoughts

I really didn't have a lot of time today to come up with a good quality post, so I'll just post some random things that are swimming through my head...

  • One of THE worst feelings in the world, is when you've been looking forward to getting a massage for weeks. You made the appointment, wrote it down in your planner, the knots in your shoulders have been getting worse by the day. You think, "finally...I'm going to get some movement back in my shoulders and neck." And who doesn't love a good massage? You show up to your appointment and your masseuse says, "Oh hey Nicole. You're appointment isn't until tomorrow." Yes, this happened to me today...#FAIL...
  • I sometimes forget how different some things are where I live. I was talking to my friend Celeste yesterday about how she ordered these boots and vest online. She tells me this afternoon  that she received them today!!! WHAT?!?!? When I order something online, it takes days and DAYS to get it. It's so long that sometimes it's a surprise when I get it because I've practically forgotten I've ordered it. It usually takes 8-10 days to get it...when I have it shipped to my work office in town. If I ship it to my home in the middle of nowhere? THREE flippin' weeks. Not kidding.
  • I'm going to be doing some Christmas baking sometime soon. Anyone have any good recipes or things they traditionally bake? I like to do rice krispies, fudge, almond brittle, peanut butter cookies, chocolate snowball cookies and banana bread. And ideas???
  • We had our first nasty snowstorm of the season yesterday and last night. I was going 45 mph on the way home last night and was still sliding all over the road. It is finally December though, so I guess I should be happy it waited this long.
  • Since we're pretty far north, and with the time change a couple weeks ago, it gets dark EARLY here. Like, the sun starts going down at about 3:00 p.m. It's pitch black by 4:30 p.m. Only 20 days until Winter, which means the days start getting longer again! Woohoo!
Alright, that's all for now. I'll be back tomorrow to do some flippin off!

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you were even able to maintain a 45 mph speed on those roads! When it snows around here, no one goes over 20! ;o) We are NOT seasoned snow travelers.

    I'll have to see if I have some good holiday recipes for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Be careful!! I would have been freaking out sliding all over the road! Sure we do that here when it rains like a hurricane but I'm sure snow is extremely different! And the whole getting dark thing at 3pm. Not cool. I'd be so depressed. I work off of sunshine. That just stinks.

    ReplyDelete