Thanks for joining me today for an online Flip Off and Flip On of this week's happenings! If you have a blog, feel free to grab my button and either link back to Amanda or I...
Now for the link up: We all have highs and lows of the week. This is a place to review your past week and give a FLIP ON to those great things and a virtual FLIP OFF to those not-so-great things! Make sure you grab the button to put on your post, and give both of our blogs credit if you decide to link up. Thank you for participating!
So what's good with me this week?
-FLIP ON to the rain that's supposedly coming this weekend! Patrick and I have all of our crop in, and we need it to rain rain rain! I want it to rain so hard that Patrick says, "It's raining harder than a cow pissin' on a flat rock!" Yep...
-Flip ON to my friend EMILY, who has decided to come visit us in a couple weeks...which just happens to be the same weekend that we're branding cows! Home girl is from Wyoming, so she's familiar with the whole country/cattle/ranching/farming thing. But, she's not so familiar with the guns. So we'll just have to have a little lesson :)
-FLIP ON ON ON ON ON...I could go on....to my sister coming this weekend!!! She'll be here sometime early next week, and be with us for the whoooooooole summer! I'm so excited to have her here!!! I'll use some more exclamation points just to show you how excited I am!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
-FLIP ON for the month of April almost being over! It's been one helluva busy month and I'm just ready for it to be done. I feel like I need to just take a big breath and RELAX...
-And for the biggest FLIP ON of the week...I got to talk to my baby brother, who is at Basic Training with the Army! He called me yesterday afternoon at work and I got to talk to him for a total of 3 minutes. It was great to hear his voice! We've sent several letters back and forth so far, but it was just so awesome to hear from him! He was also chosen as his squad leader, which is a pretty big deal. He's doing great and I can't wait to see him when we travel to Columbus, GA for his graduation.
So....the NOT so good....
-I had a an acquaintance from college pass away this week :( We don't really know what happened yet, and the guy was only around 29 years old. I've mentioned before that I was in a sorority, and this guy was in a fraternity. It's just hard to lose one of your fellow Greek members. Prayers are with his family and friends as they go through this unbelievably hard time :(
-FLIP Off to the flippin' wind that blew alllllll day yesterday. And not just a slight breeze...like, when I opened the door to outside, I had to hang onto the door handle with both of my hands and brace myself against the wind. It was NUTS!
-Flip off to the stinkin heat this week-it was over 90 degrees earlier in the week, which is UNHEARD of for practically living in Canada. Oh, and our a/c wasn't working in my office building...which made for a bunch of lazy, unproductive workers who became slightly delirious by the end of the day :) he he he
Ok, that's enough bitching for this week...have a GREAT weekend everyone!





I'm so sorry to hear about your friend that passed away. That is so incredibly sad. 29 is wayyyy too young. :o(
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're going to busy with visitors for awhile!!! And I'm so happy you got to talk to your brother! I take for granted how easy it is to get in touch with my sister. That must be torture for you sometimes!