Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, April 2, 2012

Interesting....

**Just FYI** This blog post is not as sunshiney and happy as my normal blog posts. It may come off as a little bit bitch mode, but this is me expressing my thoughts on MY blog. Just a reminder-if you don't like it, don't read it :) And no, this is not aimed at any of the other lovely bloggers that I follow :) And I know some of you other bloggers feel the same way. 

So I've debated on sharing about this in the past, but I just came to the conclusion last week that is was something I needed to share with you all.

I appreciate that I can have a place on the internet to share my life, because it is quite different than a lot of people are used to. I have said before, that I started this blog as a way to share my life on our Franch (Farm/Ranch) with my family in Hamilton, Montana and my extended family in California, and wherever else.

Rarely do I give out my blog address, and when I do it is to people I trust that I know won't try to stalk me or use this information against me. And really, how could you do that with what I post? Are you going to make fun of me because I name my cows? Come on now :)

So, what I have to say is this: I have a tracker on my blog. 

I've had it for almost a year now. What it does, is tell me how many page views I get on my blog per day, when they are, what town and state they're from, what pages that person looks at, and much, MUCH more. It even tells me your internet IP address.

I know what type of browser you use, if it's Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. I can tell if you check my blog from your phone, and it even tells me where you are when you do that. It also tells me if you download a picture from my blog. I can tell if you've searched for something specific, or gone through my blog history to find something. It tells me what you have searched for.

It even tells me the account owner of your internet. For example, when my sister checks it from college, it says "Montana State University-Billings." When my Aunt Lisa checks it from work it says "Southern California Gas Company."

I can tell how often you visit, how long your visits are, and how long you stay on each page. It basically tells me everything except for the color of underwear you have on.

I can tell what website you came from, and what website you go to when you leave my blog page. It tells me if you came from another blog, or if you found my link on my facebook page.

Why do I have this? Some of you other bloggers with lots of followers know why-some people find joy in reading about my life, twisting the stories around to make it whatever they want, and using the information against me. Or, they use it to "stalk me" or find out more about my personal life. If you want to do that, then yeah, I'm going to stalk you right back in return :) It's only fair, right?

I decided I want to talk about this, because I think it's only fair to let people know that no, you are not so anonymous when you read my blog. Not so anonymous when you read back through two years of blogging in one night, and not so anonymous when you check my blog 3-5 times a day, even after I've posted something :)

I appreciate all of you who want to read about my life, comment on it, and share in my adventures. For those that are just stalking me...you should probably just find a hobby. Or go back to work :)

P.S. There was nothing specific that caused me to write about this, I just thought that I would share this fun fact with you.

P.P.S. If any other bloggers want to know what I use, so they can download their own version, please email me. 

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HAPPY STALKING!!!

10 comments:

  1. LOL - Happy stalking!!! You crack me up!

    I'd be a bit freaked out if someone spent an entire day going back and reading all of my past posts. Although, that would be a little flattering, too... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA I'M DYING LAUGHING!!!

    Do you know how many times I've wanted to post this and be like, "Booyah ex-girlfriend of my current boyfriend" or "Get a life, jerkface old friend who is mean to me"!

    Oh my gosh, I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...I totally stalk you. :) And I LOVE IT! Mostly because you crack me up. What does mine say?! Now I am curious. Heart you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE it when you stalk me! Yours says it is owned by Bresnan Communications, Safari 4.1 on a MacOSX. Your screen resolution is 1280x800, you have Javascript enabled on your internet browser. You were on my blog for 2 minutes and 50 seconds on Sunday, from 2:42-2:44 p.m. Oh, and I won't share your IP address with everyone :) That's what is says! HEART YOU MORE!!!

      Delete
  4. Lol, happy stalking!!! You just totally made my day. At times, I would like to know who is visiting my blog, it just freaks me out knowing who looks at it and for how long! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wish I hadn't installed it, and it does freak me out sometimes! The thing that gets me the most is that sometimes I don't know who is reading it, but just all of their information. But, I'd rather have it than not! Glad I could entertain you :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Nicole,
    I have a blog that I do from the office about ag stuff and all that mine uses is the google tracker stuff. It shows what countries people visit from but not necessarily what state. I would love to have that information for reporting but I don't think I need to get any more information than that. I don't really care about IP addresses and all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole how do I go about getting this for mine!? I want this bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it...I have wanted to start a blog; but have been worried about how what I saw on it would effect work; especially since I am in the school and worry that kids would read to much into what I put on it. I really enjoy your blog..I confess I did go back all the way through in one night and laughed my ass off; you are really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THanks! It can be really hard sometimes to put your thoughts out there, especially when you know people that you know are reading it. But mostly I just stick to surface stuff-occasionally I'll put something serious or controversial on here, but not usually. It's just about my life, what I do, what I like, and about me! All of my family in California read it, so they are able to keep up with my life. That's why I started my blog-so family could keep up with it. And I've met some great people through their blogs too. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete