Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, March 30, 2012

It's Friday-You Know What That Means

It's time to Flip On and Flip Off!!!

Feel free to grab the button and participate in your own virtual flip on/flip off Friday!



FLIP ON!

-First of all, for those of you who follow Amanda over at Princess of the Panhandle, she had her baby! Momma's blood pressure was very high, and they had to take the baby via C-Section. Little miss Teale Marie was born on Sunday at 11:21 p.m. Amanda was only 30 weeks along, so miss Teale was only 2 lbs 8 oz and 14.5 inches long. Momma, dad and baby are all doing well though :) Please send prayers that they both continue to stay healthy, and that they get to go home soon. Love ya girl! My Flip On goes to YOU this week!

-Flip ON to being able to fit into my jeans that I haven't worn for 3 years! There may be a slight muffin top situation going on, but that's what flowy blouses are for :) Shiz is buttoned and looks CUTE! I haven't lost any weight lately, but I have lost some inches. My clothes are fitting better too! I totally fell off the wagon last weekend with my trip to CA, but I'm thankful to say that I lost the small amount of weight I gained while on vacation, after a little detox this week :)

-Flip On to coffee...'nuff said.

-Flip ON to my little brother! This is a feel-good story of the week: My brother got to call my dad last weekend. Since he's started basic training with the Army, he's gotten to call home about 4 times. Well, he calls my dad last Saturday and says he got 10 minutes of cell phone use for good behavior! How awesome! And then he tells my dad, "Well, I have 10 minutes but I'm just going to use one of them to say hello, I love you, and to check in. There's a kid here who doesn't have a cell phone who hasn't been able to call home since we first got here, so I'm giving my other 9 minutes to him." Ummm...melt my heart! That makes me SO SO SO beyond proud that I can call him my brother. Listen here people-THAT is the type of person that is serving YOU and your country. There might be a few bad apples in there that give the military a bad name, but that goes to show you that a 19 year old country kid from Montana is not only being selfless by joining the military, but being selfless in helping others out. That makes my heart happy :)


FLIP OFF!!!

-Well this first one goes to myself...So we don't have a trash service where I live. There is no trash truck that comes. So when we take out the garbage, we take it to an old metal barrel to burn it. We usually dump a little gasoline on it and light a match, so it starts easily. Well, last night when I took the trash out, I decided to dump a liiiiiittle extra gas on it so it would burn HOT. I lit the match....and BOOM! There may have been a slight explosion. Stuff came flying out of the burn barrel...I had to grab the shovel and run after the pieces of flaming paper that had come out, to make sure I didn't start the field on fire...and I may or may not have checked to see if my eyebrows were still on my face. LOL...whoopsie!

-FLip OFF to allergies! I've had a weatherbug alert on my desktop for the past week for high pollen levels. My friends, I am definitely feeling it and my sinuses are KILLING me. Guess I'm onto the ol' allergy medication earlier this year. Not fun :(



Well, overall I've had a pretty darn good week! This weekend we're cutting up beef again, so I'll be sure to take some pictures of that to gross you out with. Saturday night we're going to a Sports Memorabilia Auction to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club-they raised $30,000 last year! And Sunday, we're going to an engagement party for one of Patrick's childhood friends. Should be fun and fun-filled! Hope you all have a great weekend!

P.S. Thank a service member next time you see one :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been "quietly" following your blog for a little while now and I've never commented but I had to today- I LOVE the story about your brother! You and your parents must be so proud of him- it really is a totally feel good story! My sister, her boyfriend, AND my boyfriend are all in the Army also, and I just love hearing stories like that instead of the ones that usually make the headlines....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there! We are all BEYOND proud of him for being the awesome person that he is, and this just continues to show what strong character he has, and is getting from being in the Army. Too often we hear in the media about one bad soldier or another-but we don't hear enough about the other hundreds of thousands and millions of them around the world doing an AMAZING job. Thanks for reading, and thanks for commenting! Nice to "meet you." LOL. Have a great weekend! And thank you to your sister, her bf and your bf for their service!

      Delete
  2. Your brother is so sweet! What a kind thing to do. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - I know you'd do the exact same thing given the opportunity.

    Be careful lighting those fires missy!!! People won't notice that you've lost weight if you're missing your eyebrows! ;o)

    ReplyDelete