Well, this has been a crazy busy work week for me, to say the least. The only reason I had ANY blog posts this week is because I did them last weekend! I have barely had time to breathe during my work days, let alone take 10 minutes to shove some sort of food in my mouth during the day.
For example, my day yesterday was a little something like this:
6 a.m.: Wake up, get ready for work
7:30 a.m.: Leave for work
8 a.m.: Arrive at work and immediately start prepping for my training later in the afternoon
9:45-11:15: Meeting #1 of the day
11:15-12: Pick up lunch, prepare agenda for Meeting #2, set up meeting space.
12-12:45: Run Meeting #2
12:45-12:55: Shove a salad in my mouth
1-4:30: Pack up training supplies, travel to training site, set up training, complete training.
4:30: Head back to office unload car, change clothes to go to job #2
5-6:45 p.m.: Job #2 at the Boys & Girls Club
6:45-7:15: Travel home.
7:15: Shove more food in my mouth, throw a pizza in the oven for Patrick
7:30-9:00 p.m.: Go clean my in-laws' house for my MIL since she'll be coming back into town after traveling for 2 weeks.
9 p.m.: Go home to CRASH.
So yeah, a 15 hour day of meetings, training, running around after 50 kids and then cleaning house (not even my own!), it's safe to say that this girl is dragging a little today. All in a days work I guess! I know a lot of people are like this every day, but this was a pretty atypical day for me.
So anyways, onto Friday!!!
Flip ON to the sweetest old man in the grocery store yesterday. While I was shopping for lunch for my meeting, he is shuffling by me. I give him a quick smile and he stops and says, "Say there..." I turned and looked at him. He dug in his pocket and pulled out a Hershey Kiss and gave it to me! I told him thank you and that he just made my day :) How sweet is that???
Flip ON to getting go have lunch with one of my friends here in town today. It doesn't happen often, but I always enjoy catching up with her.
Flip ON to taking my field training for my concealed weapons permit tomorrow! I can't WAIT!
FLIP ON to getting the ear tags for our calves that will be born soon! This is legit, cause it means it is close enough to birthing time that we have to make ear tags! I'll be doing those this weekend and do a post on that sometime next week.
Flip ON to Amanda, who's teaming up with me to do a "Flip On/Off with the Princesses" button, to be featured every Friday. It's gonna be "our thing" with our very own button she's designing! I'm super excited about it and can't wait to share it with you all.
I really get along with my coworkers, and enjoy them immensely. However, FLIP OFF to their menopause and hot flashes! It will be 55 degrees in the office because they get hot flashes and open the doors so the cool air can come in and cool them down! Meanwhile, I'm shivering in my office with the space heater on! Silly!
FLIP OFF to the driver this morning who thought it was a great idea to pull out in front of traffic, while blowing the stop sign, then running up behind me and tailgating, then cutting off a school bus...just to drop their kids at school on time. Way to go parents, real great job.
Flip OFF to a certain someone who used to work at my office, who thought it was a great idea to call the state auditors and tell them that all of our files were corrupt and incorrect. Files that THEY made. Now thanks to said person, we'll have auditors at our office for the next TWO weeks...it usually takes 2 days when they do a regular audit. Our counselors have been staying here until 4 in the morning each night, just to go through all of them and make sure they're correct. How awful of a person would do that? Terrible.
I hope you all have a great weekend, and I look forward to sharing my very first guest post with you next week while a certain blogger lady friend of mine is on vaca!




Wow that was a crazy day! I've been having ones like that lately, too, except instead of a job, I feel like I'm fielding disasters at the house every 30 minutes. Time to de-stress... :o)
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet about the old man giving you a Hershey's Kiss! Seriously...I love it when people extend kindness to strangers.
That day makes my head spin! I got your email and will reply tonight or tomorrow. I'm having my friend make the button actually because I wanted something a lot cuter than I could do. She is wonderful! But I'm excited to do linkup! Also, have yall not had any babies yet? How many do you think yall will have?
ReplyDeleteconcealed weapon huh...you are fierce lady!
ReplyDelete