Since the weather is nice, and it's getting to be the time of year to be selling grain, we have to clean out the grain trucks and get them ready to go for the season. We had ours hauled in a semi truck a couple weeks ago, but these grain trucks will be used for Patrick's grandpa's grain I think.
After hauling grain to the bins during the fall for harvest, the guys
are usually so worn out from working 14 hour days, that cleaning the
trucks isn't high on their priority list. But it's something easy enough
that we can do in the Spring, and it doesn't take a lot of time or
work.
First you have to hoist up the back end.
Then get under there and grease up the hydraulics.
Hard at work:
Hardly working:
After you hoist that sucker up, you have to climb in the back with a broom to get all of the yucky, moldy grain out of the back.
I mean, you wouldn't want to eat this stuff, and have this made into your cereal, breads, pasta, etc. would you? Me either.
And Harley says, enough of this business, I'm going to chase bunnies!







.jpg)





Love it!! I haven't done the grain thing. Love the pics of the fur babies!!
ReplyDelete