Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Meet My Ladies

 My good friend Celeste and I bond over a lot of things...one of them being cows. We hung out all the time with her and her bf Shayne (we shall call him Lane in this post), who worked on a ranch with lots of cows. She started talking about how she names the cows. We would sometimes go out to the farm and help feed the cows, or have shop parties.

Even though we have lived apart for 3 years, we still talk almost daily. One of the things we still talk about is our cows. I helped name some of their cows, and she helps name ours. For example: A couple weeks ago she texts me and says, "Nadeen is sick! She has the same thing Beyonce did!" Yes, Nadeen and Beyonce are her cows. 

Some of her other names include: Helen (the blind cow), Dale, Dale Jr., Dale Jr. Jr., Blue, Thelma, Louise, Tiny Tim, Abby, Wakeen, Michael, Magic Man Cal, Ricky Bobby, Jimmy, Frosty, Martha, Carl, JZ, Annie, Connie, Casper, Amelia, Maureen and Maggie (she's a bitch)

While my cows' names aren't that awesome, I can introduce you to some of my ladies and fellas:

Princess Leia 

Our bull, Van

We named our first calf Rebel

Selena-the little one in the front

 Hello, my name is Carlos. No really.

Ginger-cause well, she's our red-headed cow

Edna (she's acting up in this picture. Probably because my FIL sold her sister Gertie)

Our Bull, Vick

Eddie, the other bull

And last but not least, Sheryl. She was the calf I helped bring back to life last spring.


Welcome to my extended family! Glad you took the time to meet them all :) And don't forget about my ladies Britney Steers and Justin Beefer. For reals.

3 comments:

  1. This is so much fun!!! I just love naming things!!! :o) Her names are excellent, but I love yours, too!!! Rebel even looks like a Rebel! And Carlos, wow. Definitely a Carlos. :o) You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! And you have so many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride ;-) Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete