Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Time Tractor Crashed Through the Shop Door

Awhile back, I may have mentioned how Patrick was on the tractor feeding cows one morning and the tractor all of a sudden stopped, shut off, and started making this grinding noise. He had to run home, get ready and go out of town after that, so he left ME to call the John Deere dealership to let them know what was going on, and tell them to come fix it. Anyways, I ended sounding like a blubbering fool, not knowing what I was talking about. Yep, sounds about right.

In the end, they brought out a tractor for us to use to feed the cows, and drove ours away on a semi truck to take into town to the shop. Well, the one they brought us out was quite a different tractor. I didn't get a picture of it, but it was just weird.

We had to keep it plugged in, inside the shop so it would start on those cold days. One day, my FIL was out in the shop, with the door closed, and had to jump start the tractor cause it wouldn't start. Well, he turned around to put the battery pack down, and when he turned around, the tractor was moving! It about ran him over since he was standing between the front and back wheels! He couldn't reach it in time, and the tractor went crashing through the shop door!

This is the aftermath:


That crumpled piece of metal would be our shop door in a pile. John Deere was nice enough to pay for a new door, since it was their tractor that malfunctioned. Isn't that crazy?! It was all just a big accident, but we're lucky no one was hurt, and the only damage was to the door.

Never a dull moment out here!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness..that is so crazy! I am glad they reimbursed you!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete