Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pics Around the Farm

When we were unloading the molasses...and by WE I mean Patrick and grandpa....I decided to take some pictures around where we were unloading. Enjoy!


This is Patrick's license plate. It says "Get 'er cut." Meaning cut the wheat, the hay, the cows, etc.

Old International Truck. This is the truck we haul cow poo in.

 This is the old chicken coop...

which was built in:


I want to say this is an old Swather-which is used to cut down hay. Either that or an old combine that cut down the wheat? I don't know...

This is the setup for the air seeder. The tractor is in the front, the middle part with the big yellow bins is where the wheat is stored while you're driving in the field, and the back part is where the seeds get blown into the ground by quick blasts of air. 

And now onto my favorites....this is the old fuel pickup. There was a big tank in the back that carried fuel, so the guys could drive it out into the field and fuel up the tractors right there instead of having to drive them back and forth to the farmyard all the time. This thing is OLD OLD. There are holes in the floor boards, so you can see the ground when you're driving it. 




 Oh hey there Lassie. (The neighbor's dog that practically lives at our house. His name is actually 
Ringo, not Lassie)

 Hope you enjoyed the pictures! I always love playing around with the settings on them to brighten up the colors, make them black and white, etc.

Happy hump day, yo!





11 comments:

  1. Excellent job on these photos!!!! I REALLY love the ones of the old GMC! There is something incredibly romantic about a really old truck to me. :o) Do you do this on your camera, or with editing software afterwards? Either way, it looks amazing!!!

    See...you're already ready for chickens! Let me send you some...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use the publishing stuff that came on my computer...nothing fancy! My camera is just a Sony Cybershot-also nothing fancy there! I just adjust the exposure-brightness, contrast, shadows, highlights, and the color-tint, saturation and color temperature. It's a lot of fun!

      And no way lady...you can keep your chickens! The coop is actually FULL of other stuff-no room at the inn!

      Delete
  2. To say I live in Texas and can't imagine living on a farm is kind of funny, but so dang true! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, the only part of TX I've visited was in the city too, so it's not too hard for me to imagine!

      Delete
  3. Looks like an awesome place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely takes some getting used to, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. These are great pictures! They look like they came out of a magazine. I just love your area...makes me hate living in a city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love living out here. At the end of every day, I get to leave tow, leave the people, and just be out here and unwind. It's an amazing feeling!

      Delete
  5. I love the shots of the items around the farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are SO many things to take pictures of, and whenever I seem to go and find new things to take pictures of, I find old antiques I want to take home and put around my house! It's really fun :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. I knew you would! Every time I take pics I love getting to share them with you, because I know you know the pictures just don't do it justice!

    ReplyDelete