Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My California Trip

Ok, so after yesterday's somewhat negative nancy post, I think it would only be appropriate to post something a little more upbeat and inspiring today :) Moving on and moving up! I'm sending positive thoughts and praying for those people who need it-including myself :)

I know it has been over a week since I've been back, but I am FINALLY going to share my CA pictures with you all! Well, not all 135 of them, but a large chunk :) Bear with me...it's a long one with lots of pictures...Let me start at the beginning:

We got to LAX at 9:00 p.m. on the 23rd of March. My grandpa and dad picked us up. By the time we drove North to the hotel, got checked in and went back downstairs, everyone was already gone from the rehearsal dinner. My sister was SO excited to see us, that she accidentally pushed open a set of automatic doors at the hotel, and broke them off of their tracker. Whoopsie! There may have been some wine involved. After that we just went to eat at a delicious little restaurant called Chuy's and then headed back to the hotel to bed.

I woke up early the next morning, because I needed to see my sweet girl! Don't mind the no makeup :)



Chicken nuggets for my nugget! And is that mean muggin' or what???



Hot tub time for the princess!


Then auntie Danielle drug herself down to the hot tub to play. They were looking up into the hotel room where Kendall's mom was getting ready with the other bridesmaids.

Then we went up and visited Michelle getting ready. Doesn't she look pretty?

Aaaaand I may have snuck in a drink or two :) Don't worry, it was only 10 a.m.

Then we went and got a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. 

Who knew it could be SO good!!! Look at that cheese face!!!

I'm all dressed up and ready for the wedding! Playing with her Uncle Patrick.

 Isn't this one of the sweetest pictures? She loves her "gompa"

Poppin' wheelies with Uncle Patrick

Awwww :)

The Parentals.

She is SOOOO excited for the wedding!

Not gonna lie, this made me tear up...this is my grandpa who has cancer, who we all though would not be at the wedding with us. Two months ago he couldn't even get out of bed, let alone go outside. It got me all choked up to see him here, and able to be with us all on this special day. Amazing. 

Here she is! Really wish the photographer wasn't in the picture, but he was there for a reason I suppose :)

The officiant was their neighbor who they call "Coop." He started with, "Ok are you two ready? You have the right to remain silent..." It was SOOO funny!

Sand ceremony. How beautiful is the backdrop?

The happy couple!!!

My sister Danielle, my Aunt Mandy and cousin Mitchell.

OMG! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

First dance :)

Oh, heeeeyyyyyy

My dad....so proud.

Dancing with her grammy

This is actually my dad's side of the family (the wedding was for a cousin on my mom's side) but they all live really close together. My 98 year old great grandma came to the reception for a little bit, and we got a 5 generation picture. From L to R: my grandpa Al, grandma Penny, Great grandma Merna, sister Michelle, Kendall, and my dad. How awesome is that?!

Aaaaand then my grandma was coppin' a feel of her mom's chest....

Kendall dancing with her great Aunt Lisa (bride's mom).

She loooooves some chocolate wedding cake!

The next day at the gift opening/brunch...before the rain started pouring! We had to move all of the gifts and things inside. 

Last picture of the trip-me and my sisters!

It was a quick and crazy trip, but it's always SO nice to visit with my family. I cannot wait to go back, or have them come visit us!!!

Thank you to all of you who read this, who enjoy reading about my family and my life. I'll be back tomorrow with some FUN farm updates!

6 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I love weddings, I like going to them so I can tons of ideas for my future wedding! ;)

    You look great without any makeup on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I get so many ideas from going to other people's weddings that I wish I would have used for mine. I can say that if I had to redo our wedding, I would have done most things different! Crazy huh?! But, hindsight is 20/20 :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun trip. How precious is that sweet baby girl. YOu look beautiful girl. GLad to hear it was a blast and had a fun safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! She is the most precious little baby in my life, and I wish I got to see her more-she's practically a new person every time I see her! It's always great spending time with amazing family!

      Delete
  3. Your family looks like a lot of fun!!! :o) I'm so glad you got to go to the wedding and spend time with your family! I'm sure you don't get to do it nearly as much as you'd like to!

    Gorgeous wedding, too! She couldn't have picked a spot with a better backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie...we ARE a lot of fun! I didn't manage to get a picture of my grandma pulling off of the flask before my dad was...silly lady :)

      Delete