Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, April 15, 2013

April Goals Update

I created goals for myself this year and my plan was to update you guys on how I was doing with them at the beginning of the month. I figured since we're halfway through April I should probably get it done then huh?
Here goes:

1) Cook 20 new recipes from Pinterest: 6/20
I OWNED this one this month! I cooked four new recipes! You can find all of them on Pinterest with my comments. They included: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Broccoli Cheese Casserole, Crunchy Peanut Butter Cups, and Taco Pasta Bake. I'd make all of them again, except for the Taco Pasta Bake. I'll be giving the recipes and my review for these two below next week!



 
2) No online shopping for 1 month

Nope, didn't happen this month either


3) Visit 5 places I've never been before.
3/5. This month I was able to visit a new bull breeder in Western Montana where we bought a Polled Hereford Bull from Ehlke Herefords.


4) Read 20 books
This month I read 5 books-Reckless, On The Island and the In Flight Trilogy.

5) Send a note once a month to a friend

Still only 1/12...I'll have to catch up on this next month.


6) Complete 10 Pinterest ideas
Yeesh...still haven't gotten started on this one.


7) Use some of my photography to decorate our home.
Yep...still nothin.

8) Complete the weekly savings  money challenge
Nope...still got nothin.

9) Take a week off of work, just because.
Got it scheduled! I'll be off the entire week before Memorial weekend!!! WOOHOO! You know it's getting bad when your boss says, "Nicole, you have too much vacation. You really need to take some time off."

10) Read a daily devotional book with my husband, every day.
Big sigh...haven't done this either. I wish I could say we have been too busy, but really, that's the most poor excuse. 

11) Host 3 giveaways on my blog
1/3. I did my first one with the Name that Cow giveaway!!

12) Give my blog a facelift
This was done in February, so I'll just cross this off the ol' list.

13) Finish 3 projects in our house
Nope, didn't do this either. BUT, I'm starting to work on getting the master bedroom stuff planned!


Ok, so overall I didn't do so great the month of March. Truth is, March was tough. Patrick's parents were gone for over a week, which meant only us taking care of cows in the beginning of the month. We also went to a bull sale, drove halfway across the state to get another bull (which fulfilled one of my goals, so no complaining here!) and just generally getting ready for calving and the upcoming farming season-paperwork included. 

Now that we're halfway through April, I'm realizing that I haven't been making all of my goals a priority. Which means I haven't been making myself and husband a priority all of the time. That's a hard thing when it comes to farming. We both work during the day, then come home just to do more work. Time together is precious, and growing more few and far between in the coming weeks. That's the life we live though, and we find a way to make it work for us the best we can.     

How are you guys doing on your goals?    

6 comments:

  1. As you know this is Baby Ts birthday month and it has been chaotic so I haven't done any of my goals or set any, except survive and pull off bth birthday parties plus the march of dimes walk and stuff. :))

    I love your goals. You need to get on Walgreens and CVS and create photo accounts, once you do even if you don't use them often theyre always doing great deals and sending me emails for 50% off 8x10 prints and Canvases! You could print your pics and decorate the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals! I should start breaking mine down monthly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on meeting some of your goals, I wouldn't worry about not making all of them (especially online shopping, haha). I think March was pretty much an awful month for everyone, so just celebrate the things you DID accomplish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get back on track missy!!!

    I am starting a new goal today eek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,I found your blog from Amanda. Wow you set a lot of goals for yourself this year. Good luck crossing more off. I can even keep up with the 3 I set for myself! haha opps. I look forward to reading more of you blog. Oh by the way I love Montana, my husband worked there for a couple of months last year, his brother lives outside of Great Falls and we have almost moved there a couple of times! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely need to prioritize yourselves, but I think you did okay! Gotta start that budgeting ;)

    ReplyDelete