Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

PBR & Old Friends

Last weekend was one of those weekends you just NEED to have once in awhile. Got out of town, visited my sister, hung out with old friends, ate too much food and saw some cowboys ride bulls at the PBR! Oh, and got some new shoes. That never hurts my feelings.

Patrick and I were lucky enough to take a little time away from the farm and calving to have a weekend getaway that recharges your batteries and makes you feel almost human again. We headed South to Billings, which is like our "big city" around these parts. It's population is a little over 100,000. No, I didn't forget any commas or zeros ;) We arrived Thursday night and just went to bed after visiting with my sister for a bit.

Friday morning we got to visit with an old friend of ours who was in town, then headed over to the State FFA (Future Farmers of America) convention where our cousin was competing in his last year as a senior. We attended the alumni meeting, and visited with some friends from Culbertson. I also won a silent auction bid, and the 2013 FFA Alumni scrapbook award again! That makes 3 years in a row! Kind of helped that I didn't have any competition this year. I think I scared them all away ;)


Friday night we picked up my sister from work, headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, then off to the PBR Rodeo! The picture below is what happens when we get to the PBR about 45 minutes early.


Introducing the riders. It's definitely a good show!


After the rodeo we sat in the parking lot waiting to leave for about 45 minutes. That was...fun?

Aaaaand let's just say things got a little western on Friday night after the rodeo, and this was Patrick's outfit the next morning. Lovin' the loafers. And Lazer the dog!

After a little bit of shopping Saturday morning, we headed out to his friend's house for their FFA State Officer 10 year reunion BBQ. I think all but one were able to attend, and it was great to get the whole gang together! When we showed up, one of the guys' wives had bought balloons, a cake and all sorts of decorations! 



 What a great crew! The guy on the left, Darin, was the Best Man in our wedding, and the guy on the right, Brandon, was also a groomsman. That lovely lady in front on the right is the amazingly wonderful Halsey over at Spunky Junky.

Yeaaaaah, this is more like it :)

 Sunday morning we did the obligatory big city Costco run, and headed back to the farm. It was a great weekend to relax, see old friends, and have a great time!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun! I've never been to an official PBR event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like a GREAT weekend! You need those now & then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend!!! I love the PBR we went to Kansas city this year and had a blast. Also I'm also was very big into FFA. I just filled out my application to get my American degree. I applied for state office but didn't get it but a kid from my chapter did this year which is soon awesome.

    Have a great day!
    Erin
    HTTP://diariesfromthedirtroad.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh a rodeo!!! I'be only ever been to one, and I was working at it, so I think I need to redo that experience and have some fun next time around! Ya'll certainly look like you did! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like ya'll had an amazing weekend!! I LOVE a good rodeo!! You and Pat both look great by the way!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the PBR!!!!!
    Looks like a nice time away!

    ReplyDelete