Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don't Be Jealous...

I got to take a ride to work in a super sweet vehicle this morning.

Each year we grow oats, so we can feed them to the cows in the winter time for more nutrients. At least I think that's why...well, that's how it works in my head so that's the story I'll stick with. We put them in a grain bin for a little while, then auger them into the trucks to take to town to get rolled. Well folks, today was that day. Hubs asked me earlier in the week if I would mind taking the grain trucks to town for the day, so we wouldn't have to make an extra trip since we both work in town. I didn't mind, and it would help save on gas.

Well my friends, here she is. I know, I know, you're jealous of my whip. I get it.






It's a '74 Custom Chevrolet...no big deal. Last night hubs said, "You better dress warm in the morning, because the truck doesn't have a heater. And it's gonna take us awhile to get to town cause top speed is about 50 mph." It actually wasn't that bad. We cleaned it out last night, so at least there wasn't dirt, mouse poo, or wheat all over the inside. Oh, and to turn the bright lights on, there's a button on the floor you push with your foot! Thankfully, it will be a little bit warmer on the way home than the 28 degrees it was this morning. Brrrrr!!!

1 comment:

  1. Fancy ride! I'm sure it was fun though...might as well save some money on gas!

    ReplyDelete