The other day grandpa was checking cows in the field and saw one that had something wrong with her. He eventually came to the conclusion that she was blind :( She wasn't even moving around. They had to bring the stock trailer out to the field, and load her up into it. FIL said that he had to face her, grab her behind the ears and lead her into the trailer. This just breaks my heart. So helpless :(
They brought her up to the pens closest to the houses to keep an eye on her. Grandpa called the vet and asked what to do about it. The vet said to give her Vitamin B shots for awhile to see if that would help. The on Friday night, the poor thing was trying to eat and got stuck in her feeder. They had to lift her out with the tractor.
She didn't move when I got close to her, so the picture isn't great. You can see her hip bones sticking out, which shouldn't be that way. She should be nice and plump and round. You can see the yellow fence that she's leaning against. That's so she doesn't climb back in the feeder. They threw some hay out so she's still able to eat.
Here's hoping that she gets better! If not..you know what that means...
On a happier note, the calvies say HELLOOOOO!!!! They say we're gettin' all big and fat so we sell better at the auction and make lots of money for our owners!




Oh my goodness!!! This makes me so sad!!!! If she doesn't get better, send her to me! I'll take care of her! :o) I'll run a nursing home for animals if I have to!
ReplyDeleteThose calves are precious. I want to kiss them!