Happy Friday everyone! You'll be happy to know that I'm blogging from the comfort of my own home today...no work for me! I'm basically on salary, and when I reach my 40 hours I'm good to go. I don't get paid for overtime, and can only work an average of 40 hours per week each month, so I have to take the time off when I am able. That leads me to....
Flip on!
1) Flip on to getting to have breakfast this morning at the best little diner in the whole world. It's called the Wild West Diner in Culbertson, Montana. Seriously, so delish. Oh, and sleeping in...ahhhhhh :)
2) Flip on! to getting my house cleaned today, so hubs and I can spend some QT tomorrow doing farm work. Hey, I'll take time together where we can get it!
3) Flip ON for working only 2.5 days this week and getting paid for 5 full days. SAWEEEEET!
4) Flip on for my cousin's wedding, which is a short 4 weeks away! I'm excited for the bridal shower and everything coming up for it. I've got a busy November! A huge fundraiser for work, cousin's wedding, and Food and Wine Festival, my parents and their friends visiting for a week, house guests for the wedding, butchering our meat for the year, weaning cows....oh and I think there's something called Thanksgiving in there too...we'll see if I have time for that!
5) I know this may seem a little weird, but Flip On to hubs telling me I had stuff everywhere around our house that needed to be picked up. LOL. My how the tables have turned! hahaha, I'll take it!
FLIP OFF!
6) I think my luck has finally run out...winter is on it's way. It's been windy and colder the past several days. I'm holding off as long as I can on turning the heater on. It's a little frigid at night, but I'll continue to pile on blankets until my pipes are in danger of freezing and bursting. This time last year we had turned it on already. Hey, when it costs $450 to fill up a propane tank to heat your house, you'll try to conserve too!
7) Flip off to our timeshare not selling. We own a timeshare through a company called Bluegreen. We've had it for 3 years and it was a good investment, but looking towards our future and planning expenses and purchases (especially with the farm), we've decided to sell it. It's been on the market for a little while with no luck. Here's hoping it gets sold quickly!
8) Flip Off to...you know what? I really don't have any more flip offs....that's a good thing! I thought about it, and any more complaining I would really be searching for something to complain about. Be positive!!!
I hope you all have a great weekend! We're going to be doing more fall work around the farm, like storing the baler for the winter and winterizing the sprayer. I'll take some pics so you guys can see what that's all about. And honestly I couldn't tell you right now what it entails, cause I've never done it! HA! Have a safe and happy weekend!




If I were you, I'd always try to get my 40 hours in in 4 days so I could always have a 3 day weekend! :o) That's a pretty sweet job set up!
ReplyDeleteI feel you on the getting cold stuff. Well, we won't get nearly as cold as you, but it's all relative, right? I'm thinking the heater will be coming on in our house by the end of the week. I've been putting it off b/c some days are cold and others are warm, so the house flucuates a ton, but is never frigid. The time has come though. :o)