Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fixin' Fence Turns Inappropriate

Sooo, when I got home from work last night I had this whole plan of going out to repair fence where our yearling cows will go after branding in a couple weeks. I had my father in law get everything all ready and had a plan to take the dogs around the fence with me.

I get home and find that my cute, sweet, little pups had caused a BUNCH of ruckus on the farm...whoopsie! Apparently they thought it would be a good idea to chase some of the cows that were close to the farmyard, which sent the cows through a fence, and they basically destroyed it.





There were cows going every which way, and they were just finally getting all of the cows back to the right pastures when we got home about 5:30. So instead of fixing fence in the yearling pasture, we had to go to this other pasture and fix the giant gaping HOLE the cows created.

First off, let's just clear one thing up. When I say that I do "fencing" it means that I pound a steeple into a wood fence post with a hammer. That's it. For most good farmers, they are able to hook up a fence stretcher, cut and twist around barbed wire and pound posts into the ground. Not this farmer-ette...I just pound steeple with a hammer. Well, my services were not needed in this case because the posts were metal. Bummer dude. So, that left Patrick to do most of the work. Oh, and I failed to bring my gloves...bummer again.

So, here he is, stretching away, cursing at the barbed wire for not cooperating. He he he :)




And Tuff came with us...he was very helpful. P.S. that's Garth the Gator that carries all of our supplies.



Well, I'm going to go ahead and get inappropriate right now. We got the wire fixed and Patrick realized he needed to pound a post into the ground, so here is the basic dialogue of our conversation:

P: "Shoot, I need the post pounder. Do you know where it is and what it looks like?"
N: "No...where is it?"
P: "It's right inside the shop."
N: "What does it look like?"
P: "It's metal and round, and about this tall, and has an opening on one end of the tube and has a lid on the other end."
N: "Does it have handles on the side?"
P: "No...it kinda looks like a penis. A long tube with a head on the top."

So...note to self...look for a metal penis.

And penis I did find:



You KNOW you laughed!!! Cause it does, right??? Sorry....SO inappropriate on this one! But it worked, right?!?!

ANYWAYS....I bring the post pounder out to the field, we get the post in, wires fixed, and the rest of the fence fixed. Here is the final product!



I know I'm usually all sweet and politically correct on here, but in real life I'm generally inappropriate and use a lot of curse words. So, you got to see a little bit more of my personality today ;)

Have a great day friends!


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, I know...totally juvenile. Couldn't help it!!!

      Delete
  2. I totally think all he had to say is go to the shop and get the thing that looks like a penis. LOL Im crackig up right now.
    Glad yal got the fence back together... o the joys of cows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he said go look for the thing that looks like a penis, so I did! And I found it! Glad I can get somebody to laugh at my juvenile behavior :) I spent 2 hours last night going around the fence where our yearlings will be spending the summer. I'm sure you know how rowdy they can be-so we have to go around that fence every year for repairs. I love that you know what I'm talking about with all of this stuff!

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty impressed that you even know what's going on when they're fixing the fences and you can actually help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't let me fool you too much! I am the "tool getter" or "wire holder"...nothing too important! The only thing I really know how to do is pound steeples into the wooden posts! They just care that I'm out there trying to help :) How have you been? Been pretty quiet on the ol' blog lately!

      Delete