Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Goals

I was thinking about all of the things I want to do this summer, and figured I should start writing them all down somewhere so I could remember them. I figured that this ye old blog would be the best place to do that! Some of these things are local events that you guys will have no clue what I'm talking about, but I'll try to explain :)


1) Participate in the farmer's market.
2) Go to the Medora Musical
3) Go camping
4) Attend the Wild Horse Stampede
5) Grow my garden
6)Take a day trip to Theodore Roosevelt National Park
7) Learn to drive a stick shift...no, I don't know how to drive one. Don't judge!
8) Take a week off of work to help with the farm during harvest


That's really all I can think of right now...I may or may not add more things to this list. It doesn't seem very long, but when you live on and help operate a farm, there's always work to do. Some weekends I don't have a day to myself to catch up on housework or do laundry. It can get pretty crazy! The work is NEVER done and there's always something else to do. 

Fortunately for me, on my long weekend this weekend, I didn't have a whole lot to do for the farm. Patrick, bless his heart, asked me last week if there was anything that I needed him to do this weekend for the house or our yard. It always warms my heart when he asks me, because he knows how important it is for me for our house and yard to look nice :) Lucky for him, I didn't have anything for him to do!

So what did I do on my long weekend? Helped my goal #1 become a reality by baking loaves of banana bread and English muffin bread to freeze, which I will take out and sell at the farmer's market. I also spent a GOOD amount of time weeding in the garden. 


What are some thing you guys have as summer goals?

3 comments:

  1. Your list sounds like so much fun. You are so right there is lways work to be done that never ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeding is the worst! But it always looks so much better right after you've finished!!

    Your goals sound like fun! It's more like a list of fun things to complete than goals! I like that!

    I haven't made any summer goals, but I'm still working towards my new year resolution goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post! A couple things I’m planning on doing this summer are:
    - Both my son and I participate in the Summer Reading Program at our local library
    - Join the Couch to 5K class at the Rec Center in our county
    - Make salsa from my garden

    ReplyDelete