Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fixing the Windmill Well

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty darn excited to share these pictures with you. On Saturday Patrick came into the house to tell me I should come with him to one of our wells because they had to fix it and it would be a great opportunity for me to take pictures for the blog. How thoughtful huh?

So, Boone (my sister Danielle) and I headed out in the Gator with the dogs to document this experience.






Ready for an adventure!

Don't worry everyone, this is completely safe.


Climbing up the ladder:

Installing the fixed pipe:






Boone holding the rope:


Look at all that rust! It's from the water!

Almost done!

Putting the faucet pipe back on:

Trying to drill a drip hole into the pipe:

Bolting it all back together:

Taking the pulley down:

Getting the motor spinning again:

SUCCESS!!!
And BTW, don't ever complain about water quality to me! This is the stuff that comes out of the ground and into our water filtration system, that we eventually drink...after a softener, purifier, and 2 charcoal filters. BE THANKFUL for your water!!!

I got some REALLY great pictures while we were out and about, so I'll share those later on this week.

Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thankfully grandpa knows what he's doing. He was telling us that he actually hand-dug the well a couple decades ago with his family. Crazy huh?!?

      Delete
  2. My friends just had to do the same to their well! That's so crazy. I definitely don't complain after seeing stuff like this! I also don't complain about not having a septic tank. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we've had issues with the septic tank a couple years ago too...it's NO fun, believe me!

      Delete
  3. WOW, your water looks like a mix of chocolate syrup and shit. HAHA! Can I post that word on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pictures!!! What a pretty day!!!

    Uhhh...that water doesn't even look like water. Like, at all. I don't care how many filters it goes through, that just doesn't look drinkable.

    I have never seen the water from our well. It goes through a softener, a reverse osmosis filter, and then a purifier. I am hoping ours doesn't look like that mess you've got there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pictures!! What a beautiful day it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day's work...new respect definitely for
    You all!! The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete