When I was younger, I used to HATE when my dad would put western films on the TV and I thought all of them were stupid. However, since being married to my husband, I have learned to love them. When you marry a cowboy, it kind of comes with the territory. Let me highlight one of my favorites:
Tombstone
Tombstone is a 1993 American Western directed by George P. Cosmatos, written by Kevin Jarre (who was also the original director, but was replaced early in production) and starring Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliott, Bill Paxton, Powers Boothe and Dana Delany, and narrated by Robert Mitchum. The film is based on events relating to the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, along with the Earp Vendetta which followed it soon after in Tombstone, Arizona during the 1880s. It depicts a number of western outlaws and lawmen, such as Wyatt Earp, William Brocius, Johnny Ringo, and Doc Holliday as it explores crime, political corruption and law enforcement in the old American West
It has quite the cast of characters, many of which you'll probably recognize:
- Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp
- Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday
- Sam Elliott as Virgil Earp
- Bill Paxton as Morgan Earp
- Powers Boothe as "Curly Bill" Brocious
- Michael Biehn as Johnny Ringo
- Charlton Heston as Henry Hooker
- Jason Priestley as Billy Breakenridge
- Terry O'Quinn as Mayor John Clum
- Thomas Haden Church as Billy Clanton
- John Corbett as Barnes
- Dana Delany as Josephine Marcus
- Billy Zane as Mr. Fabian
- Lisa Collins as Louisa Earp
- Dana Wheeler-Nicholson as Mattie Blaylock
- Harry Carey, Jr. as Marshal Fred White
- Billy Bob Thornton as Johnny Tyler
- Frank Stallone as Ed Bailey
And lastly...my FAVORITE quotes of the movie!
"Why, Kate, you're not wearing a bustle... how lewd." -Doc Holliday
"I'm your Huckleberry." -Doc Holliday
-"I've got two guns... One for each of ya." -Doc Holliday
-"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday
-"I have not yet begun to defile myself." -Doc Holliday
-"It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear." -Doc Holliday
-"Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist." -Doc Holliday





Spaghetti westerns...I hate "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!"
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's time for me to revisit western films also. I used to hate them, but I think it was because i haven't watched one since I was a little girl.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE John Wayne's movie, McLintock. Hands down my favorite western. And growing up with my dad and brother, I've seen them all! :)
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
My Dad loved westerns too (still does) and my husband loves them too. I don't even know how many times I've watched Lonesome Dove! All six and a half hours-ish worth...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that movie! It's amazing to see how big some of the cast has gotten.
ReplyDelete