Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What She Said....

As my friend Celeste told you yesterday, I'm here in Nash Vegas. Although, I won't be getting down and rowdy since I'm here for work (Boooo, so boring, I know).

I was lucky this time around, and got to fly out of the local airport. Meaning, I didn't have to drive 4 hours to a real airport, but got to fly in an 18-seater airplane. With propellers. SO loud. The co-captain serves as stewardess, and there is no door to the cockpit. Me, standing at a whopping 5'4", have to duck to walk down the aisle to my seat. Here's a view of the plane.


P.S...I think half the reason they have a door to the cockpit is for security. The other half is so you can't see out the front of the plane when you're landing. Cause when you're comin' in hot to the runway, and the plane is still kind of sideways, it may or may not make you poop your pants a little. SCARY.

Anyways, after a stopover in Billings, another in Denver, I finally made it to Nash Vegas. And found out that my hair does not like humidity. I curled it this morning, on second day of no-washed hair, and it is almost completely straight again by about 5 p.m. Awesome.

So, besides work, what are my plans for the week? We get done at 4:30 every day, so that gives us quite a bit of time to do fun stuff in the evenings. Last night my coworker and I went and saw  Magic Mike! Going to the movies is a luxury for me these days, since we don't really have a great movie theater. I got a giant popcorn, a big ol' soda, and called it dinner. Oh, and the movie....YUM.

I also have some family that lives in Nashville, so I'll be visiting them tonight for a home-cooked southern meal, that I know for sure includes some spare ribs. DELISH!

Tomorrow night, I was lucky enough to score a last-minute ticket to the Opry, to see:





Not only them, but Steel Magnolia, Lauren Alaina, and a bunch of others. EXCITED!!!

Thursday I don't have anything planned, but maybe I'll hit up the Wild horse Saloon for an adult beverage or two.

And FRIDAY....I get to meet THIS fabulous lady!


Miss Sarah Kate from Blue Skies at Dixie Creek! Be jealous fellow bloggers, cause she is one outstanding lady! This will be our first "Meet a fellow blogger in real life and hope to God that they're as awesome in person as they are online, and not a serial killer" meet up :) I think we'll be headed to the Country Music Hall of Fame. Anything indoors really, cause this heat and humidity is a killer!

Saturday night I'm headed back to the Opry with my Uncle and Aunt to see a bunch of people who aren't listed yet...should be fun!

The rest of my time I'm going to try to wander around a bit, see some of the local sites, and try to spot a country artist or two. I'd really like to go to a bar and see an up and coming musician perform, or someone trying to break into the industry. I think that would be great! Oh, and I'm staying at the Gaylord Opryland hotel...did you know that my whole entire town could fit into this hotel? CRAZY making, I tell ya. If you ever get a chance to come to one of these hotels, DO IT. This place is AAAAHHHHMAZING.






4 comments:

  1. Ahahahahahaha! I am busting out laughing right now at your serial killer comment! :o) I feel safer now. If you WERE an actual serial killer, you never would have mentioned it in your post. OR you are REALLY tricky and you mentioned it so I would think you weren't, but you actually ARE. Ooooh how very Criminal Minds of you...

    I got a little sick to my stomach looking at that picture of the 18-seater airplane. You are one brave, brave soul to get on that plane.

    I'm so glad you're enjoying Nashville so far!!! You're spot on about the humidity! This is why my hair is flat and lifeless in every single photo on my blog.

    I seriously can't wait to see you! I am already formulating blog titles in my head for my post about our DATE! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a lot friend! Keep up all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take lots of pics!! Make use of instagram! I wanna see Nashville!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are going to have so much fun when you meet up! You know that I love blates ;)

    ReplyDelete