Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, July 2, 2012

Culbertson Rodeo

As is the custom for summertime here, we like to attend rodeos. Our little town of Culbertson had their 50th Annual Frontier Days rodeo 2 weeks ago, and I snapped a couple of pictures of the festivities.

Ok, so I tried to get a picture of my full outfit. my sister dressed me...in black leggings and brown boots. I'm usually a "don't mix black and brown" sort of girl, so I felt a little out of my element. AND it was the first time I have worn leggings. P.S....I love them.


You can kind of see in the picture above, that we don't have grandstands...there are terraces where you back your pickup facing the arena. I love it, cause you get the comfort of your own vehicle! Here we are sitting on the tool box with my in-laws in the back of our pickup. 

My ridiculous sister.

The Wells Fargo stagecoach...no not really. They just have a stagecoach that pulls the American flag around the arena during the National Anthem.

More stagecoach.

Sister and husband. Look at her silly floppy hat!

I know it's a bad picture, but it was quite a long ways away. The best part of any rodeo is the bull riding! You can see this cowboy getting bucked into the air on this bull. I can't remember if he lasted the full 8 seconds or not. 

Rodeos are always a good time! This past weekend we went to another rodeo, so I'll try to get those picture posted sometime soon too.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. A drive-in rodeo! Awesome! :o)

    You look adorable in your outfit! I can't believe this was your first time wearing leggings! You'll never want to wear jeans again! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh D, it's not the horse races...she makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leggings are amazing i would wear them everyday if i had enough pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rodeos! This time last year, I was in Montana!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rodeos are the best! Ours had "jails" and you could have people arrested for a small fee. Totally priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove rodeos!!! Always so much fun! But, I missed our annual county rodeo this year! Guess that's what happens when you move to the city! Looks like y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete