I got this idea from Kelly at Messy Dirty Hair, and since I did one for Patrick, I'm going to do one for myself too.
Today is my birthday, so I'm going to share 28 things I've learned in my 28 years of life!
1. Life goes quicker the older you get. Never wish to be older. Enjoy the time you have while young. I promise, that when you're older, you'll be rid of the problems you have now, but you'll get a whole new set :)
2. It's important to tell your friends and family how much they mean to you, and how much you appreciate them.
3. Don't give yourself a timeline to live by. Most likely it won't happen anyways. If it does, awesome. But if it doesn't, you'll be disappointed.
4. It's ok to wear white whenever you damn well please. After Labor Day or not.
5. You are never too old to take a nap.
6. Pick your battles.
7. No one is going to do everything for you, so sometimes you just need to put your big girl panties on and deal with it.
8. Stand up for what you believe in, no matter who is around. Be a leader, not a follower.
9. It's ok to ask for help.
10. Somedays, all you need to do is lay in bed and do NOTHING!
11. If your doctor gives you medicine for something, take it.
12. Hard as it might be sometimes, you need to be thankful for all of the great things you have in your life, instead of completely unhappy because of a few things.
13. Sometimes you just have to turn the music on loud and dance it out.
14. It's ok to ride with your windows down and the air conditioning or heater on.
15. Enjoy the simple things-coffee, cookies baking, a good candle, a fun-colored pen.
16. It's ok to turn off your phone, computer, everything electronic and just BE.
17. Being outside is good for the soul.
18. Dogs CAN make everything better.
19. Sometimes when it feels like you have no fight left in you, that's God saying "Here, let me help you. Lean on me."
20. No matter how you're feeling about a situation, your feelings are VALID. Don't let anyone else tell you your feelings are stupid or you shouldn't be feeling a certain way. Those are YOUR feelings, and you can't help them.
21. As much as it pains you, is difficult and you just don't want to, you should take the high road.
22. You're never too old to get giddy and excited about holidays.
23. Good friends are few and far between. You'll know the difference.
24. When it's freezing cold, fashion doesn't matter. Wear what you need to stay warm.
25. Spend time doing what you enjoy. Life is too short to be doing things that make you miserable.
26. There are stupid drivers wherever you go.
27. Choose your words and intonation wisely. You can't take something back after you've said it.
28. Pinterest is awesome.








HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!! Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Girl!! What a great idea. Love the entire post and your right life flies by so enjoy everyday and don't wish it away. Hope you have an amazing birthday!!
ReplyDeleteI loved all of these!!
ReplyDelete1- so true
5 and 6- I concur
7- unless you're Tswift and can afford someone to wear your big girl panties for you. or whatever.
11- cheers
13, 14, 15- always
(hi SHMOKE and HARLS!)
21- ugh i know
26- both mostly in new jersey
27- absolutely
LOVE YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! xoxoxo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat list of 28 things.
Love it, Nicole!! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteCrap. See....this is what happens when I don't log into Blogger for 3 days. I miss my friend's birthdays. :o( Boo on me. Well happy late birthday anyway! Love you girl and I hope you had a great weekend celebrating!!
ReplyDelete