Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, October 22, 2012

Why My Friend is Awesome

So, my friend Celeste...she's one of a kind folks. We kind of knew of each other in college, but didn't really hang out. I mean, she was in one of my rival sorority houses, so naturally THAT wasn't going to happen...

But when we moved to Idaho Falls, and basically had no friends, Patrick and I started hanging out with her and another mutual friend of ours from college, because basically we were the only normal people that we knew there. I mean, no offense to the Mormons, but it seemed like every person we tried to hang out with already had 3 kids at our age, wanted us to come to the weekend dance with them, or come to church with them or something. Meanwhile, we mostly enjoyed hanging out in the bar :)


Since we moved back to Montana, my friend Celeste is still in Idaho Falls, with her boyfriend Lane Frost...otherwise known as Shayne.I would never want to piss her off for 2 reasons: 1) She knows a lot of my dirty little secrets and 2) She carries a gun. Which is one of the other reasons we get along so well.


Other reasons why I love her?

She likes to have fun!

She's a high-rolling bad ass.

She's on a search and rescue team. Oh, and she's a nationally certified EMT.

She runs marathons like a crazy fool.

She loves America!

She names all of her cows like I do...and even sends me pictures of them on a weekly basis.

She loves the Montana State Bobcats as much as I do. Oh, and meet our friend Jacob. He also loves American and hates Obama.

She understands all of my farm talk, and you can often find her in this tractor with Lane Frost.

She doesn't mind rolling in poo, or getting a little dirty.

And overall, she's just a great person :)

To my dearest Lola, thanks for being such a great friend to me! I cherish our daily illegal chats and the never-ending funny youtube videos you send me. Thanks for listening to me talk about the farm, NASCAR, pork rinds and anything sexually inappropriate.

Love, Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Oh Brenda,
    This made my day! My eyes are even watering a little. Thanks for rocking my world.
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, where would we all be without the awesome friends in our lives? :)
    So glad you have Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the letter at the end! She sounds like someone id get along with too.

    ReplyDelete