I was perusing some blogs the other day, and came across Jamey @ My Mom's A Whack Job. She did a post called "Instead Of" and I REALLY liked it, so I decided to do my own!
...Instead of spending $100 on a pair of jeans, I get most of mine from Old Navy for about $20 a pair.
...Instead of sitting back and watching things happen, I try to be a leader when I can.
...Instead of buying lattes every day, I buy Hazelnut creamer and add it to my coffee at work.
...Instead of living in town, I prefer to be alone and live out in the country.
...Instead of paying full price for things, I'm super cheap and get most of my stuff on sale. Except for bras. And purses.
...Instead of getting a high-paying job in the oilfield around our area, I stuck with my non-profit. I don't make a ton of money, but I help people.
...Instead of having babies right after we got married, we have waited several years, and have been able to take a lot of trips and vacations because of it. To each their own.
...Instead of spending my summer days lounging at the pool, I spend them getting sweaty and dirty in my garden or a field.
...Instead of spending tooonnnnnnzzzz of money on makeup, I usually wear stuff from the drug store.
...Instead of perfecting the sock bun, I prefer the messy bun.
...Instead of trying to be the perfect wife/friend/person, I realize I can't do it all! I just do the best I can.
...Instead of fancy cocktails, I prefer a beer or glass of wine.
...Instead of making a nice meal every night, sometimes we have sandwiches or hamburger helper. Or corn dogs.
...Instead of always giving my time to others, I try to take time for myself.
Everyone needs to!
...Lately, instead of sleeping in on weekends, I've been getting up to help Patrick feed cows.
...Instead of playlists, I prefer CD's. I mean, who doesn't love going through their old CD collection to find one of the BEST mixes ever from high school??
...Instead of dress pants, I prefer dresses
What do you prefer? I love hearing from you guys!
P.S., if you didn't see my giveaway yesterday for a $25 Outback gift card and $10 Amazon card, you're missing out! Come see what it's all about!




I love dresses instead of dress pants!! They are so much more comfortable!
ReplyDeleteI love this post!!!!
ReplyDeleteI, like you, prefer cheapy clothes and shoes. I envy (and admire) the fact that you have waited to have a family and spend time together and do the things you want to!
Have a great day!
I love this!
ReplyDeleteI am in LOVE with this picture too. You seriously have a gift with a camera, girl!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
LOVE this post! I might steal it from YOU :)
ReplyDeleteEric and I were just saying today how we are SO glad we waited to have our sweet, baby Mia! Our 5 year anniversary is in May and this was PERFECT timing for us. Of course, if we'd gotten pregnant before we would have made it work.... but we are so glad that we had those years to build on our relationship, play and have "us" time.
I like to get everything on sale and makeup from the drugstore too! I might have to do one of these posts soon ;)
ReplyDeleteI just got my BB cream, powder, and mascara at the store for $8.97. You'd be proud. :o)
ReplyDeleteLove that picture! You've got skills!