As many of you know, I name some of our cattle. I call them by name, and yell at them by name when they're naughty. And my FIL actually writes their names in the cattle book where we keep our records. LEGIT.
Other times on the blog I've asked you guys for names before, so this time I thought I'd do a little giveaway as an incentive!
After talking with Patrick about what the giveaway should be for, he made the suggestion that since we're in the business of raising and promoting beef, it should probably have something to do with beef. Therefore, the winner of this contest will be winning a
$25 gift card to Outback Steakhouse!
And since I'm picking the name out of whatever you guys give me, I'm also going to be doing a random drawing too, for whoever has the most entries! This will be a
$10 Amazon Gift Card!
Since you'll be giving ideas for names, it's only right that you meet the little lady you'll be naming, so here she is:
If you recall, one of the cows I have is named Britney. As in Britney Steers. (She's not actually a steer, because that means she would be a boy. The name was too cute to pass up). This little one is Britney's daughter, and she is tag #208.
Since I hate super complicated giveaways, so I'm going to make entering this as easily as possible!
Here are the rules: To win either of the cards, you must be a follower of my blog. Or if you're family and friends I know in real life, you can just email it to me :)
1) To win the $25 Outback Steakhouse card:
- Leave your name idea in a comment. Patrick and I will choose the name we like the best.
2) To win the $10 Amazon card (this one will be a random drawing):
- Each name=1 entry (so you only have to leave 1 comment, but you can put 10 names in it and still get 10 entries)
- Blog about it=5 entries
- Tell me your favorite recipe that uses beef=2 entries
- You can do all of this in one comment, so you don't need to leave separate comments for all of the different entries.
This will be open all of this week, and we will choose and announce the winner on Monday, March 18th.
Ready, Set, GO!






Betty.
ReplyDeleteThis sweet girl needs a southern name! She looks like a Rubynell! Or wait, Annabelle sounds good too! ;)
ReplyDeleteIf we ever do (one day) get a dairy cow (obviously not while we are living in London...) I will name her Dolly. After Dolly Parton, of course. :o) But that's probably a good 10 years off, so if you so choose, you can have Dolly for this little calf. She sure looks like a sweetie. Did I ever tell you that this is my favorite kind of cow? The brown ones with the white faces? What are they called?
ReplyDeleteAlso, my favorite recipe with beef...I'm almost ashamed to say it because when most people hear I love this, they cringe, but I LOVE meatloaf. Any kind, even the ones they served in school cafeterias. I'm that big of a freak.
Hi Nicole! Love your naming idea.
ReplyDeleteThese are the 10 lovely Southern names for consideration:
Bess
Roseanna
Susanna
Georgia
Louisa
Scarlett
Clementine
Charlotte
Josephine
Caroline
Our favorite meals with beef are tacos and spaghetti with meatballs. Ben is still on baby food, but we're pretty sure he'll love beef when he grows up and gets some teeth :)
I think Justine would be rather fitting :) You know since Britney and Justin dated and all.
ReplyDeleteMy Favorite beef recipe would be a big fat juicy steak/burger with sauteed mushrooms and onions on it.
I'm going to throw Miranda (as in Lambert) in the ring. :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite beef recipe would be crockpot Italian beef. Maybe I just got a dinner idea for tomorrow...
I think you should name her Magnolia. Or Savannah. Apparently I'm in a southern mood today! Oh, or Dolly. Maybe I like Dolly the best, although I can't see her udder to tell if that name really fits. :)
ReplyDeleteFavorite beef recipe (aside from a good steak, obviously) is this soup: http://www.heythattastesgood.com/2010/02/cabbage-roll-soup.html
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
I love naming animals! I'm gonna go with Pearl, for her pearly white face--and I may or may not leave another comment if I think of something punny like Britney Steers :)
ReplyDeleteFrom Dan,
ReplyDeleteStarletta,
Tonya,
Trixie,
Shirlene,
Claudette,
Martha-Mae
;)
-Dan
Queen Henrietta
ReplyDeleteGertrude
Clarabelle
Bertha
Big Mama
Mildred
Edith
Bernadette
Beatrice
Wanda
My favorite beef recipe is beef stir fry over rice. Yum!
Such a fun blog you have here!
storiesofkel.blogspot.com
Some names: pumpernickel, poppy, petunia, i like a few with p's obviously, my favorite recipe with beef with a short rib recipe i make in the slow cooker that or pot roast
ReplyDeleteI would name her Buttercup
ReplyDeleteI like the name Edna. I think she looks like an Edna. I named one of my dad's Angus cows Edna the winter I worked for him. She was very friendly, and this heifer looks quite friendly too.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite beef me is Tri Tip! I'm feeling rather lazy tonight, so I am going to paste a link for how I like to cook Tri Tip!
http://ramblingranchwife.blogspot.com/2013/03/beef-its-whats-for-dinner.html
Carrie UDDERwood. BOOM! Done.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite beef recipe is flank steak with Chimichurri sauce!