Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The BAD

Yesterday I highlighted some of the reasons I like living in a small town...today, I'll focus on the not-so-great things...

-I get exactly ONE speed for my internet. When I blog at home, most of the time it takes me 1-2 minutes to upload a picture. And no, it's not dial-up.

-Really bad cell phone service. I can be IN town where there is supposed to be service, and have calls dropped, or start cutting in and out. Something about the phone companies not wanting to share towers or something. Our phone companies include Verizon, Mid-Rivers, Nemont and AT&T...no T-Mobile, no Sprint.

-Sometimes when I want to wear really cute shoes, I remember that I have to walk across gravel and dirt to get to my vehicle. So I usually opt for something a little bit more casual, comfortable and appropriate. I have lots of cute flat sandals though!

-Something that really weirds me out is that people know my name...and I have NO clue who they are. Like the time when I went to buy dog food, charge it on our account and the girls says, "Nicole Hackley, right?" "Ummmm....yes." How the H did she know my name??!?! I had never seen this chick in my life.

-There's also people on Facebook who friend me...and I don't know who they are. We will have several friends in common, but just because we do doesn't make it ok to friend me! Stalkers!

-Everything closes at 5 p.m. Some things you have to get done during the business day, or you're S.O.L!

-Rumors...people knowing my business. If I didn't tell you directly...DON'T talk about it.

I'm sure there's more that I could think of, but these are the main ones that bother me sometimes. I really do love where I live, so I don't want it to seem like I don't! One of my favorite sayings is,

It's not WRONG, just DIFFERENT

Change is inevitable anywhere you go...it's just how you take it and get used to it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh small towns are so amazing! Sometimes I wish I lived in a small town. Then you can just escape from drama because you live 10 miles from your closest neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must take you 20 minutes to read my blog posts then. ;o) I appreciate even more that you take the time to comment now! I get frustrated when my computer takes 2 seconds more than usual to load stuff, so I can't imagine having it feel like dial up all over again!

    ReplyDelete