Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, January 23, 2012

SO Far

While emailing with one of my favorite blogging ladies, Sarah Kate, she reminded me of how far I DO live from things. Yeah, it's 12 miles to the nearest town, 26 miles to the nearest town with a McDonalds, but REALLY far to some of the other things. We joke that we have to drive 4 hours to Billings, JUST to get our vacations started. That really is the starting point. So here goes...here is a list of places and the mileage I would have to travel to get to them.

  • Starbucks: 179.85 miles (Minot, North Dakota)
  • McDonalds: 26 miles (Sidney, Montana)
  • Walmart: 60 miles (Minot, North Dakota)
  • Kohls: 244.79 miles (Bismarck, North Dakota)
  • Sephora: 270 miles (Billings, Montana) *This is a VERY new store. Before this, the nearest was in Fargo, North Dakota-434 miles away)
  • In 'n' Out Burger: over 1,000 miles (Centerville, Utah)
  • Panda Express: 520 miles (Kalispell, Montana)
  • Panera: 494 miles (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)
  • Coach Store: I don't know...this is the message I got when searching their website: "Sorry, no Coach store found in selected area. Please try your search again."
I tried searching for other stores, but I couldn't find a distance calculator that would go that far! So, next time you think about how you don't want to go "into the city" or "drive that far" to go to one of these stores, remember me. At least you have the option! I have the option of slow internet shopping :)

6 comments:

  1. You know, it's probably a good thing that Starbucks and McDonalds and Panera and In & Out are so far away. My hips wish I didn't have the option of going there. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lane and Brenda's house: 655 miles! We do not like that you live so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! All those things are closer for me, thank God, but still about a hour drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suddently feel so spoiled. But I go to much to McDonald's, so that probably saves you a ton of calories! Of course, living so far out ensures that you won't have traffic and you have clean air to breath. JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soo great..lol! i LOVE Panera so i am like wow...almost 500miles! But probably such a simple way to live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, I am a so in the same boat. Starbucks is four hours away, McDonalds is 2 :p

    ReplyDelete