Once upon a time there was a restaurant called North Woods Inn...actually, this is a true story. Back when I was just a little girl and lived in California, my family (we're talking grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, you name it!) would go to this steakhouse that had the BEST food. I actually went there when I was in CA 3 weeks ago. At this restaurant, when you sit down they give you a bowl of peanuts. When you shell them, you throw the shells on the floor! As a child, I thought this was the BEST thing ever. To this day, if a place serves peanuts before the meal, I find myself having to hold back from throwing them on the floor...
Besides their amazing cheesy bread, blue cheese salad, and steaks, they have this stuff called red cabbage salad. My friends, it is to die for. Even as a 7 and 8 year old I like the stuff. Somehow, someone in my family finagled the recipe away from the restaurant. I got a copy, and I make this stuff ALL the time. I just made a batch last night!
Lucky for you, I'm going to share the recipe :)
1/2 head purple cabbage
1/2 Cup salad oil
1/2 Cup plus 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 Tbps sugar
1/2 tsp season salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
Cut up cabbage into pieces like the picture above. Mix all other ingredients together and then pour over cabbage. Let it sit overnight. Enjoy!
This is a SUPER easy recipe and it is SO good. Hope you all have a happy Monday!




yum, i love cabbage! will definitely be trying this recipe. thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteMmmmmm, Mom just made some last week. It was amazing as usual!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever had red cabbage. I'll have to give it a go. Is it sweeter?
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!! I'm going to have to make this for my parents soon! They love cabbage... me on the other hand... not so much! ;)
ReplyDeleteEmily-If you eat it plain and by itself, it's kind of bitter. But, putting all of this stuff on it sort of pickles it, and is SO SO good. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like this stuff after they've tried it!
ReplyDelete