Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, January 20, 2012

I'ts Friday!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Sometimes there is nothing better than the feeling of Friday. It makes me as excited as a kid getting out of school for the summer!

Flip On
  • Flip ON to my FIL...we carpooled twice this week, and each day he came out of this house with an extra coffee mug for me to drink on the way to work! How sweet!
  • Flip on to my space heater that sits under my desk...it was brutally cold this week, and this thing saves my feet on a daily basis.
  • Flip ON to my desk calendar...it's one of those daily peel-off calendars, and it's called The Daily Bitch. Have you heard of these? They're pretty funny. Today's message is "There's nothing sexier than a man doing dishes." Love it!

Flip OFF
  • I love my puppy Smoke, I really, really do. However, I do not love when he brings frozen chunks of horse turds into my house. Somehow I missed the fact that he had one in his mouth when he came in the house after being outside. I found it about 10 minutes later lying on my kitchen rug. Awesome. Thanks pup.
  • Speaking of the brutally cold...yesterday's high was -10. YES, negative ten. The low was -22, with wind chills reaching -35 to -45 degrees. When it's that cold, it just HURTS. You walk outside, breathe, and start coughing because the air is so frigid. NOT fun at all.
  • I talked last week about that missing teacher from the town I work in. Well, they had 2 guys confess to kidnapping and murdering her. They're in jail right now, but authorities haven't found a body. They can't remember where they buried her. So they're asking farmers in the area to go look in rows of trees and old farmsteads to see if any soil has been disturbed. FLIP OFF to these guys. They get the Flip Off of the week. Unfortunately, we fall into this category of people needing to search their properties. We'll be going out tomorrow to look around all of our rows of trees and old buildings to see if we can find anything. Ugh.
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, full of fun, family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment