Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Good

Living in a small town is....different. There are some great things about it, and sometimes some not-so-great things about it. Today I'm going to talk about what makes living in a small town GREAT!

-If you run out of propane to heat your house on the coldest day of the year (-20 degrees), you can call the company and they will be there within the hour to fill up your propane tank...without giving them directions to where you live-they already know!

-NO traffic, NO paying to park, NO parking blocks away to find a spot.

-Never having to make a dinner reservation, and never having to wait to be seated.

-If somebody addresses your mail wrong, it doesn't matter-they'll get it to you anyways. You could just put my name, town and zip code, and I would get it.

-Men of all ages still open doors for you.

-Everyone is willing to give you a helping hand, even if they know you or not. And even if they don't know YOU, they know who you're related to. And then they usually proceed to tell you that you are their 16th cousin related through marriage. No joke, this happens at least once every couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I could never be a city girl again!

    That is pretty funny about the mail thing, though! I collect old postcards and that's exactly how they did it back then! You'd see a name, a town, and a zip! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete